Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Anyone else showing Cattle Dogs?
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/24/2024 1:27:45 PM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post   

Hello all!

I know I have asked about Dachshunds recently, I did find what I was looking for thanks to the community. I am asking this time if anyone else is showing their cattle dogs? I have my two girls showing against each other but I want to add a male into the program as the four studs for the breed are closely related to my gals. I think the lowest COI % was 6% or 8%.

I know I could look for a male on the selling page but they are all siblings to each other. I can't seem to get my way around the Plott hounds either - I am starting Plotts from starters up. If anyone has any tips for what to do around my females for both Cattle Dogs and Plotts I would love y'alls advice and tips.

Thanks y'all,
Gem Crest Staff
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2024 9:55:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I believe COI can be 14 or 15 before it causes any problems.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/25/2024 5:39:38 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Yes you are totally fine and it won’t a have an effect of the dog as long as it’s under 15%
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/25/2024 8:32:43 AM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
I believe COI can be 14 or 15 before it causes any problems.
Thank you, it's a lot to take it and try to figure out before I mess something up.

Gem Crest Staff
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/25/2024 8:33:04 AM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post

posted by DetroitKennel
Yes you are totally fine and it won’t a have an effect of the dog as long as it’s under 15%
Thank you!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.