Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Question on Champion titles
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/7/2024 12:45:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post   

Hello all yet again,

I have a female Plott Hound ( https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18770843 ) that is at 16 points without any emails from the game that she earned her CH. Just cause I can't find anything, does anyone have any context to point total that she will need that is different from my males? I am honestly curious just so I don't have to worry about it again. Also she has had a day in-between after hitting 16.

Follow up question, is it because she has only gotten 1-2 points each show? Can I ask for help here, I am confused and want to see what else I can do to help her get her title. I am still getting the more complex understanding of the game down, with some success and more on the level plain.

Thanks Y'all!
Gem
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/7/2024 12:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Your girl needs one more major to finish her CH title. For Plotts, this means she has to win Winners Bitch, Best of Winners, or Best of Opposite over 3 other bitches or Best of Breed over 3 dogs total. This is determined by the individual breed Schedule of Points.

https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=15

Your dog becomes a champion by receiving fifteen points and two majors. A major is a win of 3 points or more at one time. The majors are included in the total fifteen points needed. A dog gets points by winning Winner's Dog/Winner's Bitch awards or higher in shows. A dog can receive anywhere from zero to five points. How many points your dog receives depends on how many dogs he or she beats and on the breed schedule of points, which is based on the number of show entries for that breed in the past month.
 . . .
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/7/2024 4:52:44 PM reply with quote send message to . . . Object to Post

Try putting a handler on her for the next show; select a handler with the smallest number beside their name happy :) Go to its show record, press "Choose Handler" and reference the list on the right for numbers.

Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2024 10:21:25 AM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post

posted by . . .
Try putting a handler on her for the next show

I will try that, I just have my own dogs to show against her so I hope I can get her titled and all.
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2024 10:23:20 AM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
Your girl needs one more major to finish her CH title. For Plotts, this means she has to win Winners Bitch, Best of Winners, or Best of Opposite over 3 other bitches or Best of Breed over 3 dogs total.

Oh, I either am blind like a bat or just forgot. I will try to get that to happen but no for sure answers with the judges at the shows.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2024 10:34:42 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Gem Crest Kennels
posted by Comet Poodles
Your girl needs one more major to finish her CH title. For Plotts, this means she has to win Winners Bitch, Best of Winners, or Best of Opposite over 3 other bitches or Best of Breed over 3 dogs total.

Oh, I either am blind like a bat or just forgot. I will try to get that to happen but no for sure answers with the judges at the shows.

She seems to be a favorite! So either you need another bitch entry, or you need to purposefully make a major. As suggested above, you'll need probably add a handler for an automatic win over your other dogs. Or... you can find a judge that favors bitches over dogs. She'll probably go BOB "naturally" that way. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.