.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 84
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : How to make a banner using Paint.Net
 WishMaker
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/24/2007 10:29:32 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post   

A little while back I made this tutorial for another person, but I thought it might help others just getting started. This tutorial is very rudimentary as it would take too long to tell you everything about the program. You will have to experiment with all the features yourself.

The first four diagrams are of cropping a picture (this is just one of many ways). You can also try experimenting with the lasso tool which works some of the time.

Now I will show you how to assemble your banner. Just like I said before there are many different ways to make your banner, this is just one of them.

The lying Samoyed is mine and is copyrighted to me and is not to be used in any way. Also you will have to excuse my spelling of magnify, I didn't notice it until I already saved it.

I hope this helps you guys some
WishMaker

WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/25/2007 11:42:32 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

bump
 Happy_Hound_Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2007 12:31:22 PM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hound_Kennel Object to Post

Thanks Wish, very helpful!
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2007 12:45:51 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

very helpful wish
 AJAX Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2007 4:52:13 AM reply with quote send message to AJAX Kennels Object to Post

Thanks. Could you one for GIMP? I really dont get that either! (dotn worry if you cant LOL)
 Debutante
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2007 7:07:19 AM reply with quote send message to Debutante Object to Post

is Paint.NET an absolutly free site once i download? and if i download, do i have it forever or is it a trial?
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2007 11:49:18 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

posted by Debutante
is Paint.NET an absolutly free site once i download? and if i download, do i have it forever or is it a trial?
Yes, Paint.Net is totally free. It's all yours forever, not a trial versionhappy :).

WishMaker
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2007 11:54:10 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

posted by AJAX Kennels
Thanks. Could you one for GIMP? I really dont get that either! (dotn worry if you cant LOL)
I'm not going to make a tutorial for Gimp. It's really a very complex program. I'm still getting the hang of it myself. I have only recently figured out the basic's of the program. If you have certain questions about it, I'll see if I can help you with themwink ;).

WishMaker
 Corren en El Bosque
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 9:47:49 AM reply with quote send message to Corren en El Bosque Object to Post

I can't get the text to show up... Is there a speaical way to do it?

Schmidty:9
 Silver Side of Me Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 12:17:15 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Side of Me Kennels Object to Post

My picture has a white backround over the bg pic i want to use. How do I make the white backround go away so the dog looks like it is standing in the bg?
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2007 12:44:47 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

posted by Corren en El Bosque
I can't get the text to show up... Is there a speaical way to do it?

On the toolbar look for the letter "A" which is the text tool. Click on it, then put your cursor where you want the text to be and start typing; it's that easyhappy :).

WishMaker
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2007 12:50:22 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Silver Side of Me Kennels
My picture has a white backround over the bg pic i want to use. How do I make the white backround go away so the dog looks like it is standing in the bg?
When you cropped (cut the dog out using the eraser tool) the picture did you save it as a jpg or a png. If you saved as a jpg it will save it with a background and you will have to re-crop the picture, so please when you are done cropping save it as a png as it will save it without a background.

Please look at diagram #4

WishMaker
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 1:11:53 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Side of Me Kennels Object to Post

I used a png
 Corren en El Bosque
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 1:17:04 PM reply with quote send message to Corren en El Bosque Object to Post

Now it works *feels like an idiot*

How do you change colours?

Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 1:47:00 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Side of Me Kennels Object to Post

mine is fixed too
 Spring side Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 1:55:27 PM reply with quote send message to Spring side Kennels Object to Post

I tried to download it but it says I needed to install some sort of microsoft so I did and it still continues to say I need to...
 Spring side Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 2:44:48 PM reply with quote send message to Spring side Kennels Object to Post

got it to work!
 D.B.kennals
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2007 4:44:43 PM reply with quote send message to D.B.kennals Object to Post

Thanks that really helped but how do you get it on your showdog page?
 Calixter
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2007 7:07:08 PM reply with quote send message to Calixter Object to Post

You'll have to save it and upload on an image hosting site, like www.photobucket.com You'll have to sign up for an account first but its free.

Sasha
 Beach of Dawn
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2007 1:45:00 PM reply with quote send message to Beach of Dawn Object to Post

wow thats great thanks wishmaker!
 alicin
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/12/2007 8:23:00 PM reply with quote send message to alicin Object to Post

Where can I download Paint.Net??

Replies in this thread : 84
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler