Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Laptops
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/4/2009 4:31:00 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post   

Hi just curious as to who else that plays SD will be receiving a free laptop for being in year 9 lol

Our school was told that we were gonna get them the first or second week back... but as it turned out we now have a set date on the 16th November......... lol its beeen a loooong time laugh :D but now they're finally comming!

So i'm just curious as to who else is getting a laptop! if so i think i'll find myself on SD chat all day XD

~Lindsey
 me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

Premium Member Forum Moderator
12/13/2009 1:11:34 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

Hey,
I'm a teacher in Australia and some of my students have laptops. I know that a few of them have found sites like this, but usually school admins are pretty good at blocking any sites that have 'chat' to prevent students chatting away instead of listening in class!

I think you should be careful that your laptop does not become a distraction. Also many schools have monitoring software that lets the teachers watch what the students are doing on their screens. In my school I can close down access to the internet, email and any other program that students don't need to be using with the click of a button. Make sure that playing showdog doesn't affect your learning.

Jessica - taking her teacher hat off!
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2009 3:52:10 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

oh wow, happy :)

i shall try not let it distract me lol.... but actually the novelty of them is starting to wear off now... and after all the excitement about them, i actually would rather work in a book. But maybe that's because that's what i'm used to...

~lindsey happy :)

me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

Premium Member Forum Moderator
12/17/2009 3:04:55 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

lol, now that's funny!

I know that it has taken me a while to get used to using a computer to keep together my notes, and I've been using laptops in my schooling since grade 2. I'm now 27!

It is difficult to get used to working on them, and, call me old fashioned, but there is something nice about handwriting. Something many kids are losing the ability to do, now that they get to type everything!

Glad you are being careful to no be distracted when you are supposed to be working.

Jessica
 heidirose
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2009 10:54:09 PM reply with quote send message to heidirose Object to Post

hi guys it sucks that our school is not getting laptops because i go to a private school but because of that my mum bought me one for christmas

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.