.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 120
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : SD Safe Sources Official *please bump*
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/31/2012 10:14:03 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post   

Let the other posts die, because I have so much to explain because this is getting crazy. So here is the site. Feel free to add any pictures that belong to YOU or any SAFE sites you may know of.

sdsafesources.webs.com

Now to what I feel should be mentioned before we have a repeat of the past.

This site has a list of all safe websites to be used for images. It also explains the rules for using them, and also explains how to use Flickr on the Creative Commons.org website. But I notice no matter how many times you explain to people, they just don't want to listen, and end up using sites like Google or Yahoo. They are not safe, and I'm not sure how many times it has to be said before some people get it. Jeff can get sued, we can lose our banner forum, and even YOU can get into serious trouble.

The same thing happened in late 08, early 09. We almost had our banner forum SHUT DOWN because nobody seems to get how serious this stuff is! It's no joke, and if you've been repeatedly told to not use certain websites, then hello? Don't use them! It's for your own good and for this site's own good! It irritates me beyond belief that this is stressed so often to the same exact people every single time, and yet they keep doing it.

This is the reason sources should be included on the banner. There are lots of ways of doing it so it doesn't ruin your design.

But please, don't ruin it for everyone, just listen and follow the rules. Is it that hard??

-Cassie
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2012 10:15:57 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Here are the images we don't have...

Herding Group
Belgian Laekenois
Bergamasco
Mudi
Pumi

Hound Group
Azawakh
Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen
Plott
Portuguese Podengo (I do know some one on SC who had one so I'm going to try and get a hold of them if they're still on)
Scottish Deerhound

Non-Sporting Group
Alaskan Klee Kai

Sporting Group
Kooikerhondje
Lagotto Romagnolo
Portuguese Pointer
Spanish Water Dog

Terrier Group
Rat Terrier

Toy Group

Working Group
South African Boerboel

-Cassie
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2012 10:28:15 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

bump--This really is important guys!! I'ts no laughing matter..
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/31/2012 11:00:24 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Totally agreed. When I first started making banners, I didn't realize the importance of NOT using just any image I happened to like. I was very guilty of using copyrighted images all the time. In one of my first accounts on here, I got my posting rights taken away because I had used images from Flickr that were copyrighted. I was ignorant of the rule and of the crime of copyright infringement but, unfortunately, if you do something wrong, even if you don't know it was wrong, you're going to have to pay for it.

Cassie has been very diligent and awesome about putting a safe source up for banner makers on here. Now don't go wasting her time and use a picture copyrighted to someone else with full natural retention of their rights (means they can do whatever the heck they want to you for using their pictures, fining, imprisonment even).

This is an awesome resource full of show quality. I really have to commend Cassie for keeping it, it's really such a great thing!

Reina
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2012 3:31:16 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I'd just like to extend, first and foremost, a warm thankyou to you for your dedication in providing a safe site for a banner maker's convienice.
I cannot stress the importance of people using safe sources. Unfortunately not all people choose to respect the need to use uncopyrighted images.

Thanks again,

Analeyn
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2012 8:20:19 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

I'm sure one point or another we've all used an image we weren't supposed to first starting out. But you learn from it and don't do it again.

But there are the users who have been warned time after time about it, but they continue to do it anyways.

Yes there are breeds we don't have, but Wiki Commons has tons of images of these breeds. There is also Deviantart and I'm sure if they were asked they'd allow their images used. So really there is no excuse.

-Cassie
 Bord De La Mer
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2012 9:52:56 AM reply with quote send message to Bord De La Mer Object to Post

Agreed. But even Deviantart is full of copyright images that people use, and I'm sure that they don't give credit to the people either. It's not that hard to put sources on a banner, or even type your sources underneath the post!

This is Great Cassie happy :)

-Lily
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2012 3:50:48 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2012 7:08:27 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Thank you Cassie! I hope the Safe Sources will help encourage those who continually use copyrighted images to use non-copyrighted ones. You've done such a great thing, and an awesome job at it! Thanks again!

Lucky
 Stardom Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2012 11:58:05 AM reply with quote send message to Stardom Goldens Object to Post

Bump
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2012 2:26:58 PM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post

BUMP
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2012 9:22:52 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2012 10:10:48 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2012 4:26:52 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2012 2:17:15 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2012 8:33:30 AM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post

Bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2012 10:11:26 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2012 2:29:22 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2012 10:26:18 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Bump.

Surprising how many photos are on here and there is one person still using Photobucket as a source. O.o

-Cassie
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2012 9:57:25 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

bump
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2012 12:03:22 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Finished adding Atsonbay's images, and I've updated the images we do not have.

-Cassie

Replies in this thread : 120
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.