Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Gracie update
 Sierra Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/19/2013 12:05:03 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra Rose Object to Post   

Thought i'd take the time to do a quick Gracie update. She's now 10 1/2 months old and maturing into a beautiful girl. I've always said in the past that my older golden girl Ginnie is the best dog I've ever owned and Miss Gracie is following in her paw prints and quickly becoming worthy of saying that too. She is incredibly smart, at time too smart for her own good. She adores my daughter and is always glued to her side, *I have another dog who is technically mine that will blow me off for children lol*. This summer my daughter Rosie has taught her to find turtles on command, all she has to do now when they go outside is tell her to find a turtle and even if it takes her 30 minutes she will find rosie a turtle and bring it back to her. a week ago those 2 had them a collection of 5 terrapins before the day was out. Fun for them, not so fun or the turtles. Gracie's also developed into a snake dog, and thanks to her she's killed 3 snakes on her own and found 4 more for my dad to kill. I'm very happy about this as all of these snakes have been killed in my back yard where my daughter plays daily. I now take her out back for a quick sweep of the yard before I take my daughter out to play. Hopefully by the end o the fall we'll have a trained squirrel dog as the season opens up in a month and my mom cant wait. Ginnie has been her hunting companion for the past 5 years now and will tree and retrieve the squirrels for her and Gracie is intended to take ginnie's place once she's gone. Anyway enough rattling here are a few photos.

Helping with landscaping

The snake she found under Rosie swing

Here she is at 9 months old, I think she's gorgous and love how her feathering has came in.

Rosie and Grace

She has a obsession with retrieving, be it balls, rocks sticks you name it, she wants you to throw it

That's all for now, Becky
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2013 3:36:09 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

She's looking lovely.

An aside, if you live in a place with venomous snakes, I would NOT encourage or allow her to kill snakes. Snake bites are just as fatal, if not more so, to dogs as they are to people. It would be better if she knew to back away when finding them.

If you don't, there is absolutely no need to kill them. Even if there are venomous snakes, it isn't too hard to learn to tell which are and aren't. The harmless ones are actually good- they control vermin around your home, and in any case are doing no harm.
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2013 12:20:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

She sure is beautiful!Yeah,gotta be careful with the venomous snakes.I can't stand ANY snake,only good snake is a dead snake IMO,but I would hate for something to happen to your lovely girl!
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2013 12:56:55 AM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

Beautiful girl love the way she has matured just love this girl and sounds like she is a total package happy :)

Jana

Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2013 10:25:39 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Thank you JLK and your new boy is handsome too. Gracie really is a special girl and i'm thrilled to death to have her so my daughter can grow up with her like my sister did with Ginnie. I find it funny now how much our 2 goldens have won over my dad who was always a hound or spitz type of person. Before we got Ginnie 10 years ago he always told stories of his childhood dog bandit who was a spitz and swore he'd never have another dog with the demeanor she had. Then we got Ginnie and within a year he was saying he couldn't believe how much Ginnie acted like bandit and that we were lucky because dogs with that temperament didn't come along every day. Well, now that we have Gracie and she has the exact same loving temperament that dad swears now from here on out he will always have goldens and its not just a fluke lol. I tried to tell him years ago that all goldens should have that amazing temperament but he wouldn't believe me. And as much I love spending time with my girls or watching them with my daughter Rosie I occasionally tear up seeing dad and the girls together out in the evenings as he's sitting out back with a golden on each side of him with their heads on his lap as he's scratching their ears and remenessing about bandit and telling them they are every bit of the same special dogs that she was.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.