Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : What's your naming theme and why?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/5/2013 10:11:16 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Mine's Country song titles and occasionally I name one after a song I adore that's not Country or a song/poem I've written myself. I'm a Country Junkie and have been naming my dogs after them since starting SD. It's been so much fun!

I thought it might be interesting to see other people's theme.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 8/5/2013 10:12:58 AM
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 10:45:26 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

I have no real theme in here, but in my other kennel, all my dogs are named in Italian or have the names of Greek gods.
 Image Valley
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 11:38:23 AM reply with quote send message to Image Valley Object to Post

mine is songs titles too - now The Doors songs but not always :P
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 11:51:01 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Ooooh, I like that idea...Greek gods. I still love my Country song titles more, though.

Alexandria
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 12:18:46 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

In this kennel, all my Eskie's were state capitals. Now I'm starting a new theme, trying to find one that's not so cliche.

In Everkai my gen 1 was spanish names and my gen 2s were ...gah can't remember the region.
 Tuff-N-Uff
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 12:27:15 PM reply with quote send message to Tuff-N-Uff Object to Post

I usually just theme my litters. Lol
 BriarRose Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 1:43:20 PM reply with quote send message to BriarRose Kennel Object to Post

In this kennel all my paps will be named after varieties of roses, after all I have worked at a green house for the past 3 years. And the general pic for the paps is a photo of my favorite rose. In my Rottie kennel the theme is naming them after race horses. My other 3 kennels don't have a theme, and not sure if i'll go with one or not yet.

Becky
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 2:23:31 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I combine the sire and dams name until there is no way left to twist it, then I change to what ever comes to mind at the time.

Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 4:08:42 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I don't have a theam just whatever come to minde. At one point I had a separate line I called the fancy line but they ended up taking over my kennel and now there all PP fancy
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 8:29:04 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Mine is : Turn on random mode in Pandora and name dogs with lyrics happy :)
 Pendragon
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 5:15:32 PM reply with quote send message to Pendragon Object to Post

I started doing themes with my litters but it after a year or so, it got to be a hassle trying to come up with ones. Now my litters are alphabetical - that way I can tell age of the dogs (no longer a problem with the new look) and which are from the same litter. Other than that, they are usually Celtic, Gaelic, or English names.
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 5:53:06 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

Working on trait breeding in this kennel as well as producing show quality dogs. Show dogs are quite random but thanks to Becky (Rosewynds), I am now going with the "Fugly" theme on the projects. happy :)

-Creed
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2013 3:55:24 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

This is the only kennel I follow themes in. Often, I subconsciously create themes. Once I named a bitch "Edge of Glory" and began my "Edge of" theme for maybe 5 generations of dogs. That was fun. Since I started in Dobermans, I have been naming them only cocktail drinks, which is odd because I don't drink. Right now, depending on their lineage, a lot of my dogs have names of weaponry, either manufacturers, guns, or just random types (Beretta, Husqvarna, Akdal Ghost, Stoßdolch, etc.) which is also odd because I am not a violent person. Lol.

Tuff-N-Uff
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 9:23:26 AM reply with quote send message to Tuff-N-Uff Object to Post

posted by Dreisaiah Hundehutte
which is also odd because I am not a violent person. Lol.

So she says. laugh :D The "lol" at the end of that didn't help your statement, Reina. But hey, I own lots of guns...and have Pit Bulls...does that make me a typical thug? O.o

As far as naming themes, I believe I'm going to start. I have found that in the past, because of naming themes, I am able to more accurately trace my dogs lineage. In Creed, I will be using "mental, delusional, psychotic" themes in route of my boy, Crazy, who is currently top SOP in breed. happy :)
 BriarRose Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 9:41:25 AM reply with quote send message to BriarRose Kennel Object to Post

Sighs, had theme for this kennel all figured out and then 1 pup changed it all. Had a litter born the other day with a pup that would have been the new top sop for the breed if not for her low ss. Glares at her...you were not worthy to be named after a rose darn you.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12528261
meet Fugly
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2013 1:23:39 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

posted by Tuff-N-Uff
posted by Dreisaiah Hundehutte
which is also odd because I am not a violent person. Lol.

So she says. laugh :D The "lol" at the end of that didn't help your statement, Reina. But hey, I own lots of guns...and have Pit Bulls...does that make me a typical thug? O.o

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
...no, that makes you cool and... safe!

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 4:32:17 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by BriarRose Kennel
Sighs, had theme for this kennel all figured out and then 1 pup changed it all. Had a litter born the other day with a pup that would have been the new top sop for the breed if not for her low ss. Glares at her...you were not worthy to be named after a rose darn you.

meet Fugly

LOL "Meet Fugly."
 Laxson Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 5:24:14 PM reply with quote send message to Laxson Kennels Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
posted by BriarRose Kennel

meet Fugly

LOL "Meet Fugly."

I'm dying.. LMFAO.

- Nat
 Laxson Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 5:35:40 PM reply with quote send message to Laxson Kennels Object to Post

†Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 5:52:29 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

Lmao! Yeah, Becky gave me the idea to give her that name. I'm working on some traits and thought that...it was perfect. happy :)
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2013 3:24:44 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Because I tend to run into COI issues I now systematically name dogs with a combination of the sire, dam and a unique name. Has made it sooo much easier to avoid accidentally ending up with 50% of my kennel from the same sire.

grif,

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.