Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Sealie,Bug,Tina,Link and Stamp
 krisk
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/5/2013 10:33:07 AM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi,

I know it's been a while since I updated the puppies. The struggled for a while 3 weeks ago. They quite eating on my 3 weeks ago (both the ones at my house and the ones at the co-breeders...oddly though not the one that went to her new pet home). So into the vets we go, they were diagnosed with a intestinal bacterial infection, so were treated with antibiotics for 10 days. This should have improved their appetites with in a couple days, it did not. The vet was stumped (as all their tests showed them to be healthy puppies), so I went to my other vet, he couldn't believe that the only symptom was the lack of appetite. They would sometimes eat, but mostly not. They would eat something one time and then walk away the next. No loose stools, no fevers, no coughing, runny noses, no lack of energy...nothing, absolutely normal puppies except for when it came to eating. So we treated them for colitis.

The two at the co-breeders are finally turning around (in the past 3 days). My three came around a week ago now, as I had done some research before the second vet visit and was treating them holistically. They got some coconut oil, pumpkin and slippery elm to help with their stomach and intestines (recently I have added some kefir for the probiotics). But everyone is doing good now.

Anyway on to the babies.... Now 11 weeks old.

Sealie (long coat and pick of the litter)

Link (sable boy - going to be staying with the co-breeder)

Tina (sable girl - at the co-breeders)

Stamp (possibly for sale - at the co-breeders)

Bug (here with me)

And some fun shots too...

Bug and Sealie are still the two staying with me (although Link is currently here as well). The co-breeder has Stamp and Tina (but Link will go over once she decides which female to keep and which one to sell). Smack (now Maya) and Popcicle are in their new homes.

The quality was very nice in this litter and we have three types. The two sables are very similar to each other, the 4 black and tan girls, and then stand alone Sealie is a dog onto himself. You will have to excuse some of the photos (stacked) some puppies are more co-operative than others. I posted the two of Bug because she looks like she has a roach in her stacked photo and she really doesn't (as you can see in the natural standing one), she just didn't want to co-operate.

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 8/5/2013 10:37:30 AM
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 10:38:45 AM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

Such presence they have already!I can't tell yet whom I am amore partail to yet,but it's a toss up between Sealy and Tina
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 12:50:46 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

They're so big now! But definitely still cute. Not to mention some of the most beautiful GSDs I've seen in a while.

Alexandria
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 8:37:19 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

So confusing about the loss of appetite but hopefully you are over the hump. Just a question (not a criticism) I didn't think "long coats" were showable?
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2013 10:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Krisk love their lines, their backs/hocks don't look exaggerated like many do. Beautiful litter.
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 10:42:52 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

The long coat is a minor fault. Which means if you are going to show one, it better be a good one. The first points I (I handled her) ever put on a Shepherd, were on a long coat.

Most kennels have a long coat or will bred out to a coat. The long coats are what help keep your normal coats thick and plush.

Sealie is of such quality, that even with the fault of coat, he stays.

krisk
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 12:32:39 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

I had 3 GSD growing up.Such grerat dogs!I would like another,butour homeowners insurance would drop us. sad :( Unfair,IMO!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 2:50:49 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

They are a nice looking litter, sorry to hear about the trouble you had with them but glad to hear they seem to be feeling better.

Sealie is still by far my favorite, he's such a nice puppy. Can't wait to hear how he does as he grows up.

My husband would absolutely love him, he was raised with a long coated GSD and just adores them. I'll have to show him the photos of your boy happy :)

How are all your other "kids" doing? Been to the summer shows at all?

Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 10:15:53 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

The other kids are doing great. With this litter, Kenna officially retires (I will have her spayed next year). In fact today is her 6th birthday.

Kenna

Molly showed in early June, picking up 2 more points. Molly also shows next weekend and then goes with her handler to Manitoba. Her younger brother Bruno picked up a BPIB the same show and is also showing this weekend. Cody picked up his first points towards his GCh. going breed over two multi BIS winning specials and making the cut in group.

Had the puppies (Sealie, Bug, and Link) out again on Monday so here are some more pictures.

Link on the move, this is one of the main reasons he is staying around. He moves and just grabs your eye he has the "it" factor. You can't put your finger on it, but you always gravitate to watching him.

Sealie on the go, almost caught him in full stride. He just goes like stink.

And here he is coming at you.

And don't forget little Bug.

As close as we came to catching Bug in stride...

A couple of Sealie and Bug photos.

Molly with Bug and Link.

krisk

.envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2013 7:29:14 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

Love them all but my favorite has got to be Stamp! She (I think she's a girl) looks balanced and very smooth, especially her shoulders. The only thing that sticks out is thast her chest isn't as deep as the others

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.