Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Who likes / has kitties?!
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/5/2013 1:50:37 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post   

If you have kitties, share them here.

Mine is a purebred Maine Coon and I just love her! She is sort of like a dog. People say she has the most personality they've ever seen in a cat; that is, once she warms up to you. She's a little shy when people come over but if you have treats, look out!

Please don't take any of these pictures.

Share yours!!
 Tuff-N-Uff
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 5:51:07 PM reply with quote send message to Tuff-N-Uff Object to Post

I have a cat. Couldn't tell you the breed or anything. I've never been a cat person, but when a blind, emancipated and sick cat showed up on my doorstep, my animal caring heart caved and now I have Toby. After a thorough vet exam, it was diagnosed that he lost his sight to Felice Herpes. Poor fella. My first instinct was EEEEK but after thorough education, he's not contagious to anyone or anything except other cats. He's fat, happy and looking awesom. I'll get a picture of him soon. But he's unlike any cat I've ever met. He's super affectionate and extremely great full to be alive.

-Tuff
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 10:43:46 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

I've got no pics, but..

We actually have a small cat breeding program. We have a Chocolate Point Exotic, a Smoke Calico Persian, and a Golden Selkirk Rex. Our Selkirk currently has four 4 wk kittens, who are Goldens and Torbis.

We also own fixed pets, and have a Lilac Exotic, Chocolate Exotic, Seal Point Exotic, and Smoke Calico Persian.

Since Selkirks are still a very new breed, you are still allowed to out-cross them with Exotics, Persians, American Shorthairs, and British Shorthairs.

Most people have NO idea what a Selkirk is, so..

Shorthair Version-

Longhair Version-

They're called the "Poodle" of the cat world, since they're supposed to have kinked/curly hair(although straight hair is acceptable).

~Shimmerhappy :)
 Tuff-N-Uff
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2013 12:01:10 PM reply with quote send message to Tuff-N-Uff Object to Post

O.O I so wanna shave that.
-Tuff

Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 4:54:54 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Selkirks look really cool!

We don't have any cats at the present (although my lil sis begs for another kitten), but we've had plenty in the past. Some of you might know my kitty, Jack-O-Lantern (AKA Orangey)...

With his sister Cutie Pie or just plain Pie...

Alexandria
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 4:56:34 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

^^ that was me...I hate it that it logs you out so quick...

Alexandria
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 5:29:36 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Tuff-N-Uff
-Tuff

LOL You actually can shave them. Not if you plan to show them, however. We shave our pet Exotics and Persian in the Spring/Summer, as even though there indoor cats, they get quite hot and shed like CRAZY.

Weirdly enough, the Exotics(also called Shorthair Persians) shed more than the Persians....you can imagine how much dog and cats hair we have in our house haha

~Shimmer
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2013 5:59:03 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

posted by Inspirational Kennels
posted by Tuff-N-Uff
-Tuff

LOL You actually can shave them. Not if you plan to show them, however. We shave our pet Exotics and Persian in the Spring/Summer, as even though there indoor cats, they get quite hot and shed like CRAZY.

Weirdly enough, the Exotics(also called Shorthair Persians) shed more than the Persians....you can imagine how much dog and cats hair we have in our house haha

~Shimmer

I am a groomer and so when I see hair everyone, my mind snatches a pair of mental shears and begins grooming a mental image. xD Yet when I say I want to shave that, I just have a feeling it would be an easy cut. Cats are BAD about tracking. >.<

-Tuff/Creed
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2013 10:22:01 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Inspirational, are you in Showcats? I'd love it if you would come play with me! It's almost dead over there.

My kitty's shaved right now. Second pic. Actually she was shaved early June so her fur is started to get furry again. I'll take a new picture as soon as I figure out where my charger is.

Reina
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2013 10:26:26 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Inspirational, are you in Showcats? I'd love it if you would come play with me! It's almost dead over there.

My kitty's shaved right now. Second pic. Actually she was shaved early June so her fur is started to get furry again. I'll take a new picture as soon as I figure out where my charger is.

Reina

No, I'm not. Eventually, I might drift over there. My sister, who's the cat enthusiast, played for a while, but it was TOO dead for her. Majority of our cats are hers, as she's the "crazy cat lady" of the family. I'm more the dog/horse person, even though I do love the cats. If anyone's destined to be an old maid, it's my sister. She'd be completely OK with that too, as long as she has her cats laugh :D lol
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2013 11:06:42 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Ours are all rescues, although Bowser is likely part Maine Coon. Matlock weighs 17bs, Bowser is 12lbs and super lean, and Mew, due to having kittens at a very young age is a tiny 6lbs. She knows how to old her own against the dogs though!

Bowser and Matlock when it was 32C:

Probably the most recent picture I have, but I'll include some more anyways!

Matlock in the dog crate while we installed the new lock on the back door.

Matlock has a ton of personality, and I'm starting to realize he seems to star in a lot of the cat pictures. razz :p

Cuddle time! I am also starting to realize we have an extreme lack of pictures of Mew...

Here's Mew!

Not supposed to be up there....

Matlock got distracted mid assault.

Enjoy the goofs! Lovely cats everyone. happy :)
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2013 2:07:46 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

I LOVE cats!I don't play SC as much as I used to though.it is quite dead.sad :( I have 1 kitty,Precious.Got her from the shelter at 9 weeks old.She is 8 years old now.Just recently lost my Sparkle due to pancreatic cancer.She was a grey tabby cat,though she had a hint of siamese in her.her grandmother was siamese.

Precious

Precious with alien eyes

My late girl,Sparkle

Sparkle and Bailey
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2013 2:08:35 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

is it me,or did my pics not come up?

-----
Last edited by Dream Castle Kennels on 8/9/2013 2:09:13 PM
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2013 2:39:49 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

HAHA! Beau, I love your kitties! The white one has the cutest, most "innocent" face... but I can tell he isn't! Browser is definitely Coonish. Very beautiful, both of them. Thanks for sharing!

posted by Inspirational Kennels
posted by Dreisaiah Hundehutte

Reina

No, I'm not. Eventually, I might drift over there. My sister, who's the cat enthusiast, played for a while, but it was TOO dead for her. Majority of our cats are hers, as she's the "crazy cat lady" of the family. I'm more the dog/horse person, even though I do love the cats. If anyone's destined to be an old maid, it's my sister. She'd be completely OK with that too, as long as she has her cats laugh :D lol

Yeah, I feel like in certain breeds it's starting to pick up. For a while I was basically the only active breeder in Maine Coons but now there are a few and a couple people are trying to get back in the breed. But I feel like there's prob no more than 40 active players on that game. It's sad because it's just like SD but you can have unlimited cats!

-----
Last edited by Dreisaiah Hundehutte on 8/9/2013 2:41:00 PM
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2013 3:31:01 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

It's been 2 months since getting shaved. I love it!

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.