Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Feeling like a new breed...
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/24/2013 11:30:37 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

With a bit o' money in my "pocket", I'm feeling like a new breed. I've been wanting a new one, as I have had only Dachshunds since early July. Ignore the "Ruby" breeds in my kennel. Those aren't mine, they're my sister's and I'm not particularly fond of any of them.

Stuff to consider when suggesting...

1) I'd like a rare breed to help out, but would pick something not rare if it intrigues me
2) I'm not a huge shower...I prefer breeding with a little showing on the side.
3) I LOVE lots of colors, and/or rarer colors also appeal.
4) I've done Lagotti Romagnolo, Great Danes, and Australian Kelpies, Scottish Terriers since becoming a premie. I did Akitas, Bloodhounds, Golden Retrievers, Soft-coated Wheaten Terriers, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks as a basic. With the exception of goldens, and maybe Bloodhounds, I wouldn't go back to any of them.
5)I'm not a huge fan of terriers and bulldog types, but I might do one if you convince me

So, keeping that in mind, suggest away!

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 8/24/2013 11:31:59 AM
 Foursaken
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2013 12:33:43 PM reply with quote send message to Foursaken Object to Post

Thai Ridgebacks.

We have 4 kennels who actively show and breed. Our highest SOP is 78.55. 76+ finishes easy with full sessioning. We do have some colors so that's a plus. We have extremely friendly breeder who are always eager to help a new kennel. They are a lot of fun and easy to session and finish. Hope you will consider us. happy :)

-Four

Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2013 3:09:06 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Clumbers!

We are a rarer breed, were on the rare breed list last I checked. 2 main kennels, plus a 3rd just getting started and some source breeders.

2 pretty divergent bloodlines, so you shouldn't have much trouble mixing it up and creating your own (ie, we're not horribly inbred- you'll be able to find lots of 0% COI breedings if you want)

Very friendly breeders, if you liked bloodhounds, you should like Clumbers as well.

Stock available usually, and if you email either of the established kennels, they'll be more than willing to help out finding what you want.

SOP is in the 89's now, but most are still in the 88's. Lower SOP dogs, have a lot of value in the breed still and can be used to create even better high SOP pups.

We've gotten group placings in the past. The show ring is a little sparse right now, so not many lately, but I think under the right judges, it would be happening.

Prices are reasonable. We have 2 colors, both are fairly common.

We'd love to have you! happy :)
 Edge of Eternity
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2013 3:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to Edge of Eternity Object to Post

Cane Corso... I just started color breeding again at e t e r n i t y. The show quality CCs are all either blue brindle, red brindle, or fawn brindle (all the funky colors were bred out). So about 3 years ago I started color breeding but I was pretty much the only one doing it so the SOP isn't that high and I took breaks throughout that time.

I have blue fawn, black, blue, fawn, red, fawn w/ black mask, and red with black mask. I have a bunch around if you want to get started. They're getting near to the end of their lives though (probably have 2-3 litters' time left).

The fact you don't want to show really, is good because they aren't finishable but breedable! Lol.

Anyway, I like it as a side job. SOP differs from color to color. The black and blue I got to show quality about a year ago but again it has faded a bit, but then fawn and blue fawn are the next highest in avg SOP, then red is pretty low.

Reina
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2013 9:55:11 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Cane Corsos sound really interesting! I'll think about it.

Alexandria
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2013 3:38:53 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Cardigan Welsh Corgis could use another color breeder, there are a TON of colors, most of which are either low SOP's and some that are still missing entirely.

People show their lower SOP colors and do finish so there is some showing. There is one breeder who just shows and breeds high SOP dogs but only of one color.

My color breeding kennel is working on tris, blues and brindles. There are one or two others that are working on reds I think.

If you want more info like SOP's etc. Please let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2013 10:26:58 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I have decided to go with Afghan Hounds, but in the future I want to try out both Cardians and Cane Corsos (just wait a month or two and I'll be tired of Afghansrazz :p).

Alexandria
 bubby1000
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2013 9:53:06 AM reply with quote send message to bubby1000 Object to Post

any of my breeds nothing is under 83 sop i hope you choose one of my good pups

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.