.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : First litter coming soon
 scamp571
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/15/2013 1:19:36 PM reply with quote send message to scamp571 Object to Post   

this post has been edited 9 time(s)

Summer puppies r due in 25 days and counting torrow is will be 5 weeks pregent puppies r going to be cute update will be posted in time and I'f any one has any more info on what to do to get ready for the puppies let me know

Thank for the help everyone

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 9/21/2013 5:58:15 PM

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 9/24/2013 5:59:25 AM

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 9/25/2013 3:20:28 PM
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 2:05:52 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

Honestly she never should have been bred at 11 months thats just totally irresponsible breeding and if you didnt know what it entails to breed a litter it really never should have been done with that said you will need a nice place for her to whelp and need to make sure she is in good weight during this pregnancy to take care of her and her pups she is still a puppy and growing herself. Goldens being my heart breed I am just sickened to hear about this breeding. With all the health issues in goldens and no health testing done the best I can do is pray the pups are healthy and dont develop any long term health issues from you not knowing how her hips, eyes, heart, elbows , thyroid , PRA , Itchytosis and other health testing that should have been done.

Here is a website that might help get you ready you can ask for help on there specific to golden retrievers but be prepared to hear the same things I have just said I am very passionate about my breed and do not like seeing irresponsible people breeding litters when they dont care about the health of the adults and puppies they are bringing into the world there are too many health issues to not health test in goldens.
www.goldenretrieverforum.com

and this has a really nice list of whelping supplies.

www.windwalkerpugs.com/WhelpingList.html

Jana
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 2:46:04 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

You also will need to properly care and socialize the puppies to sounds, objects, there is so much work that goes into breeding and raising a litter that honestly if your not prepared for it you shouldn't do it.

Jana
 scamp571
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 4:23:03 PM reply with quote send message to scamp571 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 9/16/2013 5:04:14 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 7:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Also adding to all that JLK said, please get her fixed as soon as possible (After the litter of course). Defiantly if she has gotten out before, it could happen again.

If I were you, I would try to find someone experienced to take the pups... Since you've had no time to prepare and you seem to not know anything about raising pups. Maybe try to find a local rescue or foster care program?

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 9/15/2013 7:47:19 PM
 DreamWeaverKennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 7:56:50 PM reply with quote send message to DreamWeaverKennels Object to Post

So you have a dog named Bear who has issues with training and chews his paws until they're raw...

And now you have a pregnant golden retriever who is 11 months old who you did not intentionally breed, you just left her in the care of someone who isn't knowledgable when it comes to dogs in season. The irresponsible caretaker wasn't taking care of her IE: Didn't confine her properly and she got out, got lost, the town dog catcher nabbed her, she ended up at the pound, and somewhere in the pound she bred to another dog?

Do I have your story straight?

So, where were you and where was your dog sitter while she was sitting at the pound?
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 8:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Don't feed the troll, guys.
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 8:41:12 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Here we go again ... illiterate, irresponsible, immature pet owner who can't even take care of the dogs they currently own now creating another generation of "pound puppies"!!! What could possibly have been in your head to have an un-spayed dog, who was in season, left with an obviously ignorant "sitter"? This is beyond unacceptable, irresponsible, dog ownership! Why wasn't your dog spayed? You are obviously in no position to whelp and raise a litter when your current pets are so poorly cared for. I can tell by your illiterate posts both current and past that you have no concept as to health issues that may be either environmental or congenital. For the sake of all the pups I can only hope there are very few and that your poor bitch survives your irresponsible acts. You make me sick! I pity your poor dogs.

-----
Last edited by Acclamation on 9/15/2013 8:41:41 PM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 9:02:44 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I think it may well not be too late to terminate the pregnancy or spay her, preferably both. Call your vet ASAP to discuss both options.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/15/2013 9:10:42 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I agree with Degree. Something is just too fishy about all of this person's posts...ridiculous.
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2013 10:22:30 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

PLEASE do an emergency spay if it isn't too late!

If it is too late, contact a golden rescue.

Get her and her puppies spayed BEFORE giving them to new homes. Be sure to screen people.

An emergency spay might sound harsh, but the puppies will DIE in shelters. And at least one puppy will end up in shelters.

The puppies will almost certainly have health and behavioral problems, and they will be mutts. You should charge the spay/neuter fee for each pup to the adoptive families.

If you can't afford to spay or neuter all the puppies, take them to a shelter. Puppies have a good chance in the shelter at being rescued or adopted.

Your female should have been spayed at 3-6 months. This is irresponsible.

Please explain to your parents that for every puppy born a dog DIES. If the puppy doesn't die, another one will because your puppy got saved.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 8:51:36 AM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

Dear God I hope this person is joking.

If so, someone kill it with fire, quickly.
 scamp571
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 10:54:28 AM reply with quote send message to scamp571 Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 9/16/2013 5:04:50 PM
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 11:26:46 AM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

I'm with you Black Veil!!
 DreamWeaverKennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 11:39:36 AM reply with quote send message to DreamWeaverKennels Object to Post

posted by scamp571
she was my friends dog untill her parents died so i was going to get her fix and i am goimg too get her fix when the puppy are weamed and they don't need her any more i was at my friends pareant funal and my friend will not be looking after my dogs angin and she has dogs i will post update when the pupopys are born the only time i have raise a little is when i helped my dad with his dog and im sorry if i upset any of u i no she is young but the vet said to just let her have her litter
Your stories are too far fetched for reality. Have you ever considered writing fiction? Find a fan fiction website to join. You'll fit in quite well there.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2013 11:44:33 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

I have to comment.

I agree that I have a lot of questions about the veracity of this story and I certainly agree that the dog should not have been bred, but accidents do happen. I'll give Scamp the benefit of the doubt.

While I do also agree with most of the reasons this dog should not have been bred and termination should perhaps be considered, I do wonder about the assumption that "puppies will almost certainly have health and behavioral problems". Certainly not just because they are "mutts"!

So, giving the benefit of doubt, I hope that if Scamp goes ahead with this litter that she gets some assistance from someone who knows what they are doing - perhaps someone from a shelter or rescue group. Good luck, I hope there are no serious problems and that all puppies, and mother have good responsible homes.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 4:35:01 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

posted by DreamWeaverKennels
posted by scamp571
she was my friends dog untill her parents died so i was going to get her fix and i am goimg too get her fix when the puppy are weamed and they don't need her any more i was at my friends pareant funal and my friend will not be looking after my dogs angin and she has dogs i will post update when the pupopys are born the only time i have raise a little is when i helped my dad with his dog and im sorry if i upset any of u i no she is young but the vet said to just let her have her litter
Your stories are too far fetched for reality. Have you ever considered writing fiction? Find a fan fiction website to join. You'll fit in quite well there.

I suggest tumblr or deviantart. There's tons of crap there.
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2013 10:29:27 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio9
I have to comment.

I agree that I have a lot of questions about the veracity of this story and I certainly agree that the dog should not have been bred, but accidents do happen. I'll give Scamp the benefit of the doubt.

While I do also agree with most of the reasons this dog should not have been bred and termination should perhaps be considered, I do wonder about the assumption that "puppies will almost certainly have health and behavioral problems". Certainly not just because they are "mutts"!

So, giving the benefit of doubt, I hope that if Scamp goes ahead with this litter that she gets some assistance from someone who knows what they are doing - perhaps someone from a shelter or rescue group. Good luck, I hope there are no serious problems and that all puppies, and mother have good responsible homes.

I don't mean to imply that them being mutts makes them prone to health and behavioral problems, but large breeds are prone to hip dysplasia (as I'm sure you are aware) and I think it's very likely his golden is a BYB dog.

I would suspect they would have behavioral problems not because of breeding, but because some kid who can't really even handle his current dogs will be responsible for things like socialization. His two dogs are poorly trained, I'm doubtful that he can raise a litter. I'm a big supporter of mutts, and a rescue volunteer.

I clearly came across with the wrong tone, and I apologize.

I did not mean to imply that them being mutts is the cause of behavioral and health issues, but that poor genetics (at least as far as the female is concerned) and an owner who cannot manage his own dogs make success slim.
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2013 12:23:46 AM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

As a person who has shown dogs for the past 10+ years, and as a general dog lover, it is really disappointing to see how many of you respond to this poster. Regardless of if this is real or not, you all do not need to be so RUDE. Accidents happen. Accidental breedings in the real show dog community happen. Between dogs of different breeds even, crap happens. And lest we forget, we all started somewhere. I know I for one started with a backyard bred dog, as many people do.

At least someone commend this person on asking for help. And offer real help, please. Come on. No wonder we have such few new people entering the world of dog shows...
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2013 12:59:40 AM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Lumen, I know how we must sound to someone unfamiliar with "scamp"'s history on this forum, but if you look at the history of this poster, you will see a reoccurring theme of neglect and passive abuse (if one can even believe what is written). The responsible move of those of us who are frustrated with this poster would be to simply ignore them. They are more than likely just a "troll" seeking attention. Sorry to have offended you. A

-----
Last edited by Acclamation on 9/17/2013 1:00:31 AM
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2013 6:08:56 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

OP wiped their posts so yeah, mission accomplished.

And Lumen, whether this post was true or not, the bulk of posts here are helpful to us an RL situation. As the user above me stated, the OPs track record with posts such as these isastounding. And every time they do post, they are met with sound advice. SD is truly not representative of the SD world by and large.

Edited for spelling (and it still doesn't make sense, I need to go back to sleep lol)

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.