Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : First Point and Win Photo
 ShoStopper
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/11/2013 8:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Hey All,

Just wanted to share a brag about my Shiba boy, Ringo, who took his first point a few weekends ago, owner-handled by my twin sister, and as always, cheered on by our fabulous breeder and mentor. So proud of this entire team.

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/KimiTai/RingosFirstPoint.jpg[/IMG]

Ringo is doing his daddy proud, and his daddy is busy raking in the wins with a new BISS to his credit, and a current standing as the number three Shiba in the nation. Not bad for a black and tan!

-----
Last edited by ShoStopper on 10/11/2013 8:01:38 PM

-----
Last edited by ShoStopper on 10/11/2013 8:03:21 PM
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 8:54:41 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

And a headshot from the same weekend.

Thanks for letting me share!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 9:56:59 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Congratulations! He's a very beautiful dog (I admire Shiba Inus and Akitas from afar...would never own one.)

Alexandria

Edited because I put "she" instead of "he". Sorry

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 10/11/2013 9:57:31 PM
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 10:04:23 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

ShoStopper, do you by any chance know Showboat Kennels? She also has some awesome Shibas!

You have a very lovely boy. I've handled a few Shibas in the past and they are really an amazing breed. So very happy all the time (or my boys were). wink ;)
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 1:25:39 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Beautiful!
 shortnsassy
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 11:25:06 AM reply with quote send message to shortnsassy Object to Post

Beautiful Shiba!!! Love the breed, wouldn't trade ours for anything happy :)

Look forward to seeing more photos of him.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 4:08:06 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Thanks so much, guys!

We are really excited about his future. He's out of lines we're intimately familiar with, dogs that we knew we wanted something by and out of, and is very much what were looking for in our newest show dog and companion.

We've been in the breed for about fifteen years now, and every day remains an adventure. Never a dull moment when you keep Shibas!

Creed, I'm aware of Showboat kennels (have seen her website), but I haven't met her or her dogs before, as we are on opposite sides of the country. The shows I attend are all Washington/Oregon/California shows (Arizona's made the cut too, but I've only gone there with APBTs). We've hit up Westminster a couple of times too, but just as spectators. Perhaps someday our paths will cross!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 4:45:17 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Congratulations! He's a very beautiful dog (I admire Shiba Inus and Akitas from afar...would never own one.)

Alexandria

-----

Ive always said this too!

anyways, He is beautiful, the breeder I got my standard poodle from shows shibas and has had a Westminster bib placement a couple of years ago with her shiba. Plus I saw her shiba pups which were cute ^-^

And of course, its a non-sporting dog so it's better than everything else(:
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 8:32:13 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

posted by Beach Dunes

Alexandria

-----

anyways, He is beautiful, the breeder I got my standard poodle from shows shibas and has had a Westminster bib placement a couple of years ago with her shiba. Plus I saw her shiba pups which were cute ^-^

A BOB? Who was the dog? I am curious! I wonder if I was there that year.

The breeders I work with have had very good success at the Garden--the breeder of my b1tch has the first Shiba, to my knowledge, to ever get pulled in group, and multiple BOB wins at the Garden to her credit. A few years back one of my b1tch's granddaughters went BOS there, which was a blast to see (I had managed to visit that year). Both of my breeders have had multiple BISS winners and top ten breed and all breed dogs. With Ringo's sire doing so well this year, we can't help but hope he'll follow in some very impressive footsteps!
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2013 10:52:36 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Congratulations, he has a beautiful expression!
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2013 3:07:35 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

Congratulations, beautiful boy!
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2013 2:51:21 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Thank you so much! I'm very lucky to have him in my life. He was long waited and planned for, and we learned that he was on his way the day after we lost our first Shiba to old age. I like to think the old man was looking out for us and put in a word...
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2013 8:34:37 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by ShoStopper
posted by Beach Dunes

Alexandria

-----

A BOB? Who was the dog? I am curious! I wonder if I was there that year.

The breeders I work with have had very good success at the Garden--the breeder of my b1tch has the first Shiba, to my knowledge, to ever get pulled in group, and multiple BOB wins at the Garden to her credit. A few years back one of my b1tch's granddaughters went BOS there, which was a blast to see (I had managed to visit that year). Both of my breeders have had multiple BISS winners and top ten breed and all breed dogs. With Ringo's sire doing so well this year, we can't help but hope he'll follow in some very impressive footsteps!

"NZ BIS CH/AM MBISS GCH Mo's Grand Thunderstorm
               USA # 1 Shiba Inu 2010 - 2011
          BOB Winner at Westminster NY 2011"

Thats what her website says. It was a while ago, but still a great accomplishment(:
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2013 9:00:59 AM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Oh yes, I do remember when he was being campaigned. I wasn't at the Garden that year and never did see him in person though. And yes, that's a win to proud of for all time.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 9:25:17 AM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Another recent photo of Ringo happy :)

Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 10:52:24 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I love his fox face!
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 2:38:36 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Whoops - double post.

-----
Last edited by ShoStopper on 10/24/2013 3:15:38 PM
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 2:51:34 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Thank you! I'm a fan of his headpiece myself. I'm starting to get glimpses of his upcoming maturity, and it's pretty exciting.

-----
Last edited by ShoStopper on 10/24/2013 3:18:06 PM

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.