Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Goodbye Kenna
 krisk
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/18/2013 8:40:45 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It is with great sorrow and a very heavy heart that I share with all of you the passing of our Kenna. As many of you know we bred Kenna this year and had 8 puppies (one being deceased), 2 boys and 5 girls. The puppies are now 5 months old and Kenna finished her heat cycle about 3 weeks ago (we were planning on having her spayed in the new year). Shortly after Kenna's heat cycle I noticed a discharge (about 10 days after). So into the vets we went. It was pyrometra...So 72 hrs later (giving antibiotics time to get into her system) later she was in for an emergency spay. All went really well and within days Kenna had more vip and vim than she had shown in weeks. Everything was going great until this morning. Kenna began exhibiting some unusual behaviors. Not jumping up on the gate to go, not running and circling the car, following behind instead of being several feet ahead. Then she showed signs of distress and got up with a foot that curled under at the toes (much like a sign of a stroke). So she was rushed to the vet...she bled out on the table and he lost her. He could not find what was bleeding, it does not appear to be from the surgery. We are waiting for necropcy results to hopefully tell us more.

Rest in Piece our Diva Princess
BIM.Ch.Edales Wild Thyme
August 5, 2007 - October 18, 2013

Everyone give their dogs an extra hug tonight.

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 10/18/2013 8:45:56 PM
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 9:01:37 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Oh Krisk, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I always enjoyed your updates about Kenna and her lovely photos. You two brought each other a great deal of happiness.

I hope that your memories and her pups can bring you some comfort in this time. I know how hard it is to lose a dog--I hope it helps to know that we are thinking of you in this time. I'll be saying prayers for Kenna and for you tonight.
 shortnsassy
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 9:15:25 PM reply with quote send message to shortnsassy Object to Post

I am so terribly sorry sad :( We are thinking of you and praying for you during this hard time.

I hope that you find some peace in the memories you have of her.
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 10:45:44 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

So tragic to lose her so quickly...
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 10:53:08 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Stunned to read this.

Kenna was a beautiful girl.

So sorry for your loss.

Steph
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 11:12:10 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

I am so sorry for this extremely tragic loss. I always loved seeing kenna updates. sad :(
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2013 11:46:29 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

So sorry Krisk she was a beautiful girl so sorry on your loss.

Jana
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 12:38:58 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

That's horrible! So sorry for your loss. I know from your posts that she was loved by her family and will be greatly missed. sad :(
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 2:53:26 AM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

This gave me goosebumps. I'm so sorry this happened so quickly and she was lost.

You'll both be in my thoughts,
Emma
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 6:42:31 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Sorry to hear. So sudden...
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 6:49:09 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

I am so very sorry - a tragic loss at such a young age.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2013 9:45:10 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

I'm so sorry, I know how shocking a sudden and untimely loss is.
 Spirit Of The Arctic Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 1:53:05 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Of The Arctic Kennel Object to Post

So sorry for your loss sad :(
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 2:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

Very sorry for your loss! She was such a beautiful girl, always enjoyed seeing her pictures. Hope you can find some comfort in her pups.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 4:33:05 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Black Veil Brides
This gave me goosebumps. I'm so sorry this happened so quickly and she was lost.

Emma

I was surprised to read this because this post gave me goose bumps also.

You had to deal with your first lose not to long ago and now your beautiful Kenna, and that's just horrible to hear. She was so young, but at least you can sit in peace knowing that she had a wonderful life in those years. She was put in your life for a reason and now it was time for her to leave. I hope it makes you feel better to know that but of course it's going to hurt either way..

Again, sorry for the passing of such a young beautiful girl.

*hugs*
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 5:21:28 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

Have you read "A Dog's Purpose"? It might bring you some comfort. The premise of the story is a dog who is reincarnated throughout various lives. A dog story where the dog never really dies...
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2013 5:42:04 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

posted by linlin23
Have you read "A Dog's Purpose"? It might bring you some comfort. The premise of the story is a dog who is reincarnated throughout various lives. A dog story where the dog never really dies...
Love that book!
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 5:03:51 AM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
posted by Black Veil Brides

Emma

I was surprised to read this because this post gave me goose bumps also.

You had to deal with your first lose not to long ago and now your beautiful Kenna, and that's just horrible to hear. She was so young, but at least you can sit in peace knowing that she had a wonderful life in those years. She was put in your life for a reason and now it was time for her to leave. I hope it makes you feel better to know that but of course it's going to hurt either way..

Again, sorry for the passing of such a young beautiful girl.

*hugs*

I remember Connor not long ago and now Kenna and both of them at such a young age, just gave me shivers.

Emma
 Slipping Shadows
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 7:08:52 AM reply with quote send message to Slipping Shadows Object to Post

I am so very sorry for your loss sad :(
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 10:38:51 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I'm sorry for such an unsuspected loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and send Kenna to beautiful doggy heaven.

Shadowstorm.
 Mistys
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2013 4:00:50 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post

I am so so sorry sad :( I truly know how such an unexpected loss feels. I have been following Kenna since she was a pup and was shocked and saddened when I saw this thread sad :(

Rest easy lovely Kenna

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.