Search

.com Forum · English Toy Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Hello to all Et breeders and owners
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/20/2013 8:02:10 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post   

Hello to you all.. I'm very excited to see an Et breeder from the past back.. As well as some new interest into the breed.. I myself am new to it here, in RL I handle a few for a friend of mine. My main interest is getting our Rubys and Bleinhams back up to high 79's.. I just kinda wanna take a running poll to see what people can help me find in abandoned kennels for new studs.. I've searched a good bit but don't know every breeder that was around.. I'm excited a well to know we might actually have some competition soon!! I want this breed to be a fun one where we are all very friendly and help each other..
Ill introduce myself hope you all will do the same...
My name is Amber I actually show Cocker Spaniels (American) in RL. I handle dogs for people sometimes. I'm a hair stylist and must love hair!! Lol
Looking forward to hearing from you...
Amber
happy :)
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 9:02:09 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I'm not in the breed. But I found ya two old kennels. Both long gone but have studs available.

LinZ Toys and Denver Kennels

PS. I might join your breed. I have an empty kennel and it seems like this breed needs some help.

Natalie.
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 9:21:07 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Thanks so much.. Yes I have found those two kennels as well as Bleulle Papillions or something similar I have it written down.. I would be very excited to have you.. Problem is there isn't many bloodlines to breed from.. I've crossed mine bak and forth so many times I think my kennel has everything available.. But while trying to do something good I may have done something terrible.. But oh well I will march on.. happy :) let me know if you have any questions.. I have some stock for sale and even if they aren't message me we may can work something out..
Amber
 Shadowstorm Kennels II
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2013 6:06:10 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels II Object to Post

Okay. Well I'm still interested and willing to work out this situation. Just as long as we work together. Is the stock for sale of current quality? I'll check them out soon.

I'm excited! In my other breed I'm the top kennel but quite lonely since I'm the only breeder working with traits in showlines.

So I know the feeling. I'll message you during the day as I'm writing while getting ready for school.
 Sierra R Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 2:44:52 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra R Kennel Object to Post

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Sierra Rose

I have 2 older boys up for stud in my old kennel, Not sure if you all knew about them as they are not showing up in the stud listings.
 Sierra R Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 2:47:41 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra R Kennel Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12165970 and here's another boy I bred that is up for stud for 25.00 too. Not sure if they'll help any but may give you all a bit of diversity in studs.

Becky
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 5:31:14 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Thanks so much Becky looks like one boy in a quick glimpse carries Blenheim.. Yay!!!
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 6:14:56 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

I will try and post the studs that are at stud in abandoned kennels.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11096591
Prince Charles that carries King Charles

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11096584
Prince Charles carries King Charles

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11205603
Ruby has low Sop (60)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11191315
Prince Charles might carry King Charles

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12053563
Ruby

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12065290
Prince Charles carries King Charles may carry Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12091928
Prince Charles may carry King Charles and Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12110367
Prince Charles should produce King Charles and Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12092357

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12165970

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12455327
Prince Charles carries Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12240658
Prince Charles high SOP (80.30)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12456184
Prince Charles should produce King Charles

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Z3%20Blenheim%20Crockett
Blenheim

I have a few studs as well as a couple other active breeders this is just mainly from inactive kennels.. A lot of these dogs are related.. I just wanted to make everyone aware of them.. happy :)
 Sierra Rose
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 10:29:32 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra Rose Object to Post

glad the boys can help. I just logged in here to see whats on my reclaim list. I have a 2 that I can reclaim if anyones interested in them. They are older, but i'd hope if they are reclaimed someone would be able to get one or two litters from them.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12094026
A prince Charles girl *was my preferred color*, her dam was a King Charles.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12004606
He's a King Charles boy with a lower sop. He does have Blenheim in his pedigree. If anyone is interested in these 2 send me a email to my main account Sierra Rose Kennel and i'll reclaim them and they can go for 100.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 11:29:44 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

um, guys? Prince Charles And Blenheim CAN NOT carry King Charles or Ruby.

Prince Charles/ Ruby is spsp in your breed- the most recessive.

King Charles and ruby are either SS or Ssp.

You MUST use a King Charles Or Ruby parent in order to get King Charles or Ruby offspring.
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2013 11:36:05 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Solids are dominant to spotted. True.. However you can get any color if you have bred it into the lines and breed back to it.. I don't go by the letter genetics on here.. I go by RL breeding genetics.

-----
Last edited by Ambrosia_Cocker on 10/22/2013 11:46:30 PM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 2:00:08 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Actually, that's not the way dominance works. Recessive colors, yes, can be brought back from recessive genes. But the dominant colors, you need to have a dominant colored parent, or they're gone for good.

Here on SD that is most certainly the way the genetics work. You MUST have a ruby or King Charles parent to have ANY hope of getting solid colored pups. The genetics here will not work any other way.

Those Prince Charles and Blenheims on your list, won't add anything to a solid breeding program. They have no genes that are useful to you. You're better off using current gen Particolors, and whatever solid stock you can find.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 2:00:51 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

double post ooops.

-----
Last edited by Lilliput on 10/23/2013 2:02:04 AM
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 8:14:47 AM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Thanks for your advice... However I've been doing pretty well getting the Colors I need breeding the way I have been.. Thanks again..
Amber

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.