Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Fly High Sweet Zeus..
 Little River Dog
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/20/2013 9:28:27 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I returned home for fall break only to be told my sweet boy Zeus had passed. Zeus only started living with my family about three months ago but he was still one of the sweetest boys I had to pleasure to know. According to the vet it was a poisoning. They believe antifreeze. Toddy also ended up incredibly sick but she is okay now. She lost about 25 pounds (weight she definitely did not need to lose) but I'm praising the Lord that she made it through.

The vet suspects Toddy didn't actually eat a lot of whatever Zeus had gotten into (We believe meat). Turns out, after I talked to a few people around the neighborhood, seven other dogs have also met an untimely death. The neighborhood is now on alert, dogs are being kept inside, even the usual roamers are no longer roaming. Hopefully this absolutely sick person will be caught and dealt with soon.

-Ande @ Little River

-----
Last edited by Little River Dog on 10/20/2013 9:32:21 PM

-----
Last edited by Little River Dog on 10/20/2013 9:33:05 PM
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 11:02:49 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

So sorry on the loss of Zeus he was a stunning boy and well goldens are my heart breed so sorry for your loss. Hope they catch whatever sicko is doing this and they go to jail for a long time.

Jana
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 11:12:04 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Double post

-----
Last edited by linlin23 on 10/20/2013 11:13:04 PM
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2013 11:12:31 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

So sorry to hear about Zeus, hopefully the person will be caught and none of the remaining neighborhood dogs will get sick.

Sending prayers your way...
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2013 8:13:43 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Very scary that so many animals seem to be affected by this tragedy! It makes me think that perhaps you may have an outbreak of Circovirus in your area.

wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/19/4/12-1390_article.htm
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 2:35:09 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

Thank you all for your kind comments. To the above poster^^ we are sure it was a poisoning and not a disease being spread.

For one lucky dog, their owner actually found the meat in their yard before the dog did. A group of people and I went around warning people of what we believed was happening. This lady checked her yard before letting her dog out and found it beside her fenceline.

We still do not have any idea of who is doing this though and it's driving me crazy.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 6:20:10 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

That's so sad! I mean, who would do such a thing? RIP Zeus.

Alexandria
 Dandy Dandies
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 11:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to Dandy Dandies Object to Post

That is just SICK ... hope they find the creature with such a warped mind and euthanize him/her!!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.