Search

.com Forum · English Toy Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : List of studs in inactive kennels
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2013 8:57:20 AM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I moved the list to a separate listing

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11096591
Prince Charles 73.25

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11096584
Prince Charles 72.80

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11205603
Ruby has low Sop (60)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11191315
Prince Charles 73.00

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12053563
Ruby 75.95

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12065290
Prince Charles 78.70 may carry Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12091928
Prince Charles 77.40 and Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12110367
Prince Charles 76.60 should carry Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12092357
Prince Charles 77.65 Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12165970
Prince Charles 78.65 should produce Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12455327
Prince Charles 80.40 carries Blenheim

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12240658
Prince Charles high SOP (80.30)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12456184
Prince Charles 78.40

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Z3%20Blenheim%20Crockett
Blenheim 79.40

I have a few studs as well as a couple other active breeders this is just mainly from inactive kennels.. A lot of these dogs are related.. I just wanted to make everyone aware of them..

-----
Last edited by Ambrosia_Cocker on 10/24/2013 9:52:26 AM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 2:53:56 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Once again for anyone looking to color breed, Prince Charles can not carry King Charles. It just doesn't work that way. Prince Charles is the recessive of the two. You must have a ruby or King Charles parent to get Ruby or King Charles pups.

If anyone is interested in color breeding and wants to know more, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help. happy :)
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 6:44:10 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Ok your really starting to annoy me.. THIS LIST is only a list of studs that are in inactive kennels.. It's not really a list for color breeding.. However if anyone needs your advice I'm sure they will contact you.. I myself will not when I first started in this breed there was NOTHING but prince Charles and amazingly I have all four colors now so apparently I'm doing something right.. Don't let this new start date get you twisted bc I am fully educated in breeding and COLOR GENETICS in RL.. And regardless of what you say whether a dog is spotted or not has nothing to do with the man color of dogs a dog can be red or red & white the dog still carries RED.. So if you need a ruby you can breed a Ruby to a Blenheim and get ruby. And if the ruby that u breed carries Blenheim you can get it.. Same goes vice versa.. You can have dominant dominant colors or dominant recessive oh thank that can't happen black cockers can be dominant or they can also carry a recessive.. You can breed a brown carrying nothing but brown to a buff carrying nothing but buff and tada you get black ohh a dominant color.. Where was it?? It's dominant..
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 7:26:07 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

That's because genes do not work in a vacuum. solid is dominant over spotted. And black and tan coloring is dominant over red.

Things like getting a black out of a buff and a brown is because buff (e) is recessive to normal colors (Brown) but on DIFFERENT loci. Meaning the e covers the normal colors. Clearly the buff cocker was also black. Easy.

You can not however, get whole colors out of two parti parents in this breed, on this game. one parent must always be whole color, and it doesn't matter what color the other parent is.

It's a very simple dominant/recessive here. whole colors are NEVER hidden or "carried" in the breed in the game. If one parent isn't a whole color, don't expect any whole color pups. If you know of any instances of two partis making a whole, please, show it to me, because it goes against the way the genetics are programed to work.

Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 8:49:21 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

First off if a buff is all buff like I stated it cannot be black that would however be a silver.. Second brown is just a recessive as well.. Too recessives bred together that do not carry any other recessive will only give you black.
Now with partis I have already stated that solid is dominant to parti I never denied it but a solid can carry two recessives ex..one being red the other being parti..
I never stated that two partis bred together will give you solid.. However I did state that some of these dogs can produce other colors if bred to dogs that are or carry the colors..
I'm not ignorant to the fact that if you have a Tri that has nothing but tris going back 5 generations it will not pop out a ruby bred to a Blenheim.. However if you breed this Tri to a Blenheim and keep a pup that pup will be a prince Charles with a recessive for the red / white therefore breeding this dog to another prince Charles with a recessive for red/ white you can get red/white... Same if you bred prince Charles with red recessive to a ruby you can get Rubys and if that ruby carries parti you could get red/whites..

And this is why I labeled whatever is behind the dogs so that people may know what's behind before looking to see if it is anything that might benefit them.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 10:34:03 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Very true, however, a Prince Charles having a king behind him will do nothing to produce any more King Charles. I think I see what you are doing there though, in that a Prince bred to a Ruby will indeed produce King Charles. That is true of ANY Prince Charles, whether they have a whole colour background or not. happy :)

The cockers work this way-

Buff is eeBB OR eeBb
Chocolate is EEbb OR Eebb

ee= buff in ALL colors. But the dog is still black "behind" or underneath the buff (a buff dog should have a black nose- that's the black gene- if it was bb it would have a brown nose instead)

So no matter what combo your Buff or Chocolate cocker is, you can still end up with a pup who is EeBb- which is a black dog.

It's identical to the genetic for labradors, you can breed chocolate to yellow, and theoretically, get a litter with all 3 colors (4, if you count the dudley nosed yellows)
 Shadowstorm Kennels II
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2013 10:35:38 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels II Object to Post

Thanks for the list! Very handy!
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2013 9:29:50 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Thanks I thought it would help. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class