Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Goodbye Azland
 Kool Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2013 3:49:19 PM reply with quote send message to Kool Dogs Object to Post   

I havnt been very active here lately, I gavr birth to my little boy on 10-18-13. And I'm posting from my phone so please overlook the spelling and lack of pictures.

But Monday I had to say goodbye to Azland. That morning my stepdad found him completely paralized in the hind end. He called me and I headed over to see him. About a month ago he showed signs of a bit of pain in his back and I thought he probably pulled a muscle chasing something or running in the woods. Told my parents to give him rest for a while and let me know how he's doing. He showed signs of improvement and then went dpwnhill fast. We had originally planned on taking him to the vet in the last week but with me going into labor things got hectic. I was going to take him in this week but when I saw him I knew there was nothing to be done. I didn't want to keep him like that to do tests anuways. So once again way to soon I cried and told my dog just how much I loved him and watched him go to eternal sleep way to soon.

Azland helpee me through a lot and taught me a lot. He was my test dog with everything I wanted to try and my first 'agility dog' even if it was only one trial. He adored babies and adored his family. He was our varmint catcher and our alarm system but most of all he was a member of our family. I was there when he was born and was there when he passed. He is now burried next to Weewee and I'm sure he's taken on the role of protecting her once again. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be right now, I'm enjoying my newborn, heartbroken and crying over the loss of Azland and exhausted to tears all at the same time.

My stepdad made me cry even more saying "When one life begines, another ends" I'm heartbroken it was him. He will forever be in my heart and always carry a piece of it with him....

Azland
April, 25 2006 - October, 21 2013

Kool Dogs
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 4:39:49 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

Oh no. Mandi I am so very sorry for your loss. Azland was special. I remember all the pics and stories about him. I was just thinking about him the other day actually. I saw I beautiful Aussie that reminded me of him.

I had no idea you were having a baby. Welcome to motherhood. It's absolutely amazing. I only wish you could really enjoy it in complete happiness. I am so sorry for you and I am sending prayers and thoughts your way.

So many pets are passing away so close to the holidays and it breaks my heart. I may not have had an oppertunity to meet you, but I feel like I've lost a friend with the passing of Azland. May he rest in peace and forever guard little Wee Wee now.

RIP Azland.
Get better soon, Mandi.

WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2013 5:12:47 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge with Wee Wee. It's hard when they leave us, but even harder when they are still young. I had a dog who left me at a tender age of 7 and I will never forget him. I will always have the loving memories he left behind. {{HUGS}}

Rainbow Bridge poem
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjIUUVZOX0

WishMaker

-----
Last edited by WishMaker on 10/23/2013 5:30:41 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 7:50:17 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

We've lost so many pets lately! So sorry for the loss of Azland, Mandi.

Congrats on your new baby though!

Alexandria
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 8:05:01 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

OH Mandi... so sad for you. I know he was so special to you. He is gone but has not stopped loving you, he'll watch over you and your new baby boy now. Boxer hugs and prayers for you.
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 3:54:05 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

Oh Mandi, I'm so so sorry for your loss. sad :( He was a special boy to everyone, I doubt there is many players here who don't remember him. He will be missed.

Congratulations on your newborn. Enjoy him, but don't feel quilty for being heartbroken at the same time. Hopefully your new family member brings you some comfort. I'm sure Azland is watching you both from above.
 Kool Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 8:24:19 PM reply with quote send message to Kool Dogs Object to Post

Thank you everyone. Azland really was a special boy and will be missed by many in our little town and in my family.

To sum up how things have been...I gave birth on 10-18 and we named him after my grandpa that passed away a year ago that exact day. We lost Azland on 10-21 and my moms bday was 10-22. On 10-28 it will be a year ago that my stepdads mom passed.....its been/going to be a very emotional month. Thankfully taking care of Sam and the lack of sleep is helping me keep my mind off things but my life won't be the same now that both of my rocks are gone. Azland and Weewee ment more to meand helped me through more than anyone will know.

Sadly I had to say goodbye to them both way to soon. Weewee at 9 1/2 and Azland at 7 1/2. People ask me why I would spend $1000+ on a dog and I point to them two saying that most of the time things like that don't happen with a well bred dog. I will always remember them and they both have a piece of my heart, the house will never be the same without them.....

Hug your dogs a little tighter tonight....
Kool Dogs
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 10:51:39 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

Mandi I am so sorry for your losses in this month. I like others am sure he's watching over you with Weewee. I feel you made the right decision. We had to make the same choice with Missy cat last Dec. she was 18 1/2 years old and think she too stroked. sad :(
Never easy, hug your son.
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2013 2:30:55 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

So sorry, Kool. Azland was a beautiful dog. I remember watching him grow up. He will be sorely missed.
 StarWinds
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2013 5:36:14 PM reply with quote send message to StarWinds Object to Post

I am so sorry x
 Solar Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2013 11:39:08 AM reply with quote send message to Solar Wind Kennels Object to Post

Hey Mandi,

Sorry to hear about Azland! Congrats on the new baby.

Will
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2013 11:29:44 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Congratulations on your new baby!! So sorry that it had to also be a sad occaision for you. Never easy to lose our fur-kids sad :(/

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.