Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Looking to add a breed
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2013 6:49:33 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post   

...to this kennel, as Kelpies have been horribly slow lately and I want to play around with something at least until they get moving again.

I'll take pretty much anything, my only requirement is that breeders be willing to supply me with broods. Breeds I would love to learn more about..

Danes
Boxers
Dobes
GSDs

But I'll take any suggestions happy :)

Oh, and I'm already in Rottis and AmStaffs in my other kennel.

Thanks!
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 7:11:00 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

Oh! I could so get you some nice dogs with Boxers! I've got them in my "Exalted" kennel.

Surprisingly, they really aren't as competitive as you would think. It's fairly easy to finish a good dog. I do t keep anything under 94.2 myself but I see 93+ finishing also.

Handlers can be hard to get your hands on if you don't enter shows early. Lots of nice dogs available and sales and studs are cheap. The breeders are super friendly. I have a couple I could send to you. happy :)

I also have Dobes in my "Fourlorn" kennel and I could spare a couple on there too. I don't keep anything lower then 94.65(7). 95s are becoming more common but I still see 94.2+ finishing roughly. Session pretty quick too and breeders are nice. Fees can get a little wild though. happy :)
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 8:00:19 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I'll also agree that boxers are awesome! and echo what Creed said. Boxers also have entries in every show each night and usually majors so they aren't too hard to finish.

I have some nice partially sessioned puppies if you want something to show happy :) an try the breed out!
 Edge of Eternity
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 9:04:18 PM reply with quote send message to Edge of Eternity Object to Post

Great Danes - Hard to finish unless it's at least 97 or over.
Dobes - EasIER to finish but quality still needs to be there. A raft of 95+ Dobes have been born in the past week, so I'm assuming lowest show quality for easiest finishing is prob 94.85 now, 94.9 preferred.
GSDs - A good quality pup is easy to finish right now. Show entries in this breed are a little low lately it seems.
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2013 9:14:51 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

English Setters would love more players. Anything mid 90's and up is pretty easily finishable. We have specialties quite often and the players are friendly.
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2013 11:13:41 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Or you could help a struggling breed...I am about the only fully active kennel in Manchester Terriers but can sell you a great dog and bitch puppy who are conditioned daily, and also lots of broods and cheap studs.
Look me up in VV`s
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2013 3:48:22 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Newfies! I have 29 puppies at the moment, surely there's a nice brood in there somewhere! I *always* have dogs that have a poor SS or poor traits but have like one or two AMAZING traits. Like, this male www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12699944 has great traits all around, very versatile. But his SS is low, so he can't be shown (well, he won't win anything). And he would have had, by far, the highest breed SOP. I'm keeping him for sure but there are other similar dogs who would produce amazing puppies.

Showing is active, not impossible to get a start in but it is a breed that improves FAST so you need to stay on top of it.

ETA: Typos

-----
Last edited by linlin23 on 10/26/2013 7:34:31 PM
 Nevaeh Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2013 8:37:38 PM reply with quote send message to Nevaeh Kennel Object to Post

I have Dachshunds, as well as Appenzeller Sennehunds in another kennel.

Breed: Dachshunds
Top SOP: Wire - 91.05. Long - 88.60. Short - 88.80
Showing SOP: 90.50+
Popularity: Pretty popular (a few breeders, one r two dedicated on showing, but most just entering their few high SOP's)
Special Projects: We have many colours which allows for many colour breeding projects. We also have three different types of coats. Two of which are currently not competitive which has led to many kennels choosing to pursue a breeding goal that way.

Breed: Appenzeller Sennehunds
Top SOP: 79.60
Showing SOP: There is a current high 76 in the ring right now, but I tend to stay in the 78's by preference. We pretty much make competition so, anything could really go with good handlers.
Popularity: Rare (one other breeder)
Special Projects: There is only one colour, but the other breeder prefers to keep their stock to themselves, so I have had to use source dogs. It would make a good project for someone to start their own lines, or I can give you dogs.

I can supply you with Appenzellers or SH Dachshunds, or point you in the right direction. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, or one of the other breeders! We don't bite!
Selma happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler