Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : From the heart
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/18/2013 10:04:09 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

I simply cannot put into words what I really feel or even how I want to say it. But I just have to come on and publicly note to everyone that I am so thankful to be a member of the showdog community.

It never ceases to amaze me how, though most of us have never met or even talked on a phone, we are always right there to extend our digi arms in hug or offer any kind of support we can. Many times, I have browsed the forums and seen someone sad or hurting for any number of reasons and there was the community, reaching out with thoughts and kind words.

Last night, I was diagnosed with food poisoning. It's probably the worst thing I've had to experience in my life (aside from child birth). I was down and I was OUT and I did not forsee my return to showdog within the next couple of days. I started to panic, not exactly sure how my kennels would be taken care of (since you know, it's all I'm thinking about while hugging a toilet). I reached out and contacted a very close friend of mine, Reina. Whom without a second though, jumped in and handled my kennels. Not for one day or two, but for 5 days ahead of time. She has spoken for me in posts, and alerted the rest of my friends that I would be out. I am so thankful for her.

I know there are many more, and I could name them off left and right. Boksu, Bemma, Alexandria and so many more. Thank you all for stepping up and being there for me even when you don't know me. I love all of you very much!

Thank you Jeff, also, for making showdog a place that many of us feel welcome, comfortable and a part of an ever-growing family.

-Four
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 10:06:30 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Awww, Four, you thought of me?! I <3 you too. *hugs*. You're welcome...'cause I know who I can contact toohappy :)

This is a great community, and I've been blessed to be a part of it.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 12/18/2013 10:09:28 PM
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 10:11:42 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

I agree, the SD community is great. On several other online games the community isn't a community, it's just a bunch of players.

Thanks to all who are a part of our wonderful SD community happy :)
 Mellenacht
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 10:26:17 PM reply with quote send message to Mellenacht Object to Post

D'awe you!! Feel better soon sweet little seal egg! wink ;) You are such a huge part of the showdog community, and you really make an effort to make people feel welcome. I have only been back for a few months and you (and reina, boksu, short and lots of others) have made me feel so welcome! You have helped me get started in the game, as well as so many breeds. Even more than that, you have become a good friend of mine so quickly and you're always so sweet and hilarious! I'm so thankful for showdog for letting me have this chance to meet such great folks happy :)
 Phantom Prophet
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 11:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to Phantom Prophet Object to Post

<.<

>.>

This post actually made me cry.

You are so special to me too! I loved to help you out, and you know I would do a heck of a lot more for you if you asked me to. Anything really.

I am thankful for the SD community too. It's like a comfort place here. I was just thinking of that while making Alexandria's banners. It's our little tight-knit community even though we are all around the globe. Four, you really do make everyone feel welcome, love reading your posts and look forward to talking with you, even if it is about nothing, including bald heads and mammalian eggs! Keep doing what you do, okay you're awesome.

Reina

Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 6:32:37 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Aww! You are most welcome, we just hope you feel better! If you need something, we are here for you.
 Boksu
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 6:32:58 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

That was me.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 10:48:40 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Awww. Feel better! I've thanked you so many times and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about my fellow digital dog showers. Everyone has helped me so much in the dog show world and the fact that you have offered to help me at my first show is an amazing blessing. I'm so excited. If you ever needed anything, I will be there for you. Thank you so much and Bless your heart.

P.S. congratulations the BUSS under my sponsored specialty (:
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 10:49:52 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by Phantom Prophet
<.<

>.>

This post actually made me cry.

You are so special to me too! I loved to help you out, and you know I would do a heck of a lot more for you if you asked me to. Anything really.

I am thankful for the SD community too. It's like a comfort place here. I was just thinking of that while making Alexandria's banners. It's our little tight-knit community even though we are all around the globe. Four, you really do make everyone feel welcome, love reading your posts and look forward to talking with you, even if it is about nothing, including bald heads and mammalian eggs! Keep doing what you do, okay you're awesome.

Reina

I'm trying not to cry since I'm in Spanish class. Haha
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 11:29:44 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Aww... feel better soon! If you need anything else feel free to message me too. I hope you're better in time for Christmas happy :) The boxers and I will be thinking of you.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/19/2013 9:08:23 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

As long as I have played this community has been closer then other games. Know for a while game balance aside razz :p I wasn't playing much but never was at a point of not wanting to play like other sites wonder why I waste my time, here wonder why I don't just dump other games for more time here.
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2013 7:21:39 AM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

You're so right, Four. The showdog community IS awesome. And friendly. And so close!

I'm so glad you're feeling better cause I truly do enjoy talking with you. I hope you know that anyway, even though I wasn't there for a little while >.<

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.