Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Show placing rankings? Non muddy explanation needed!! lol
 Kajat Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/14/2014 3:19:54 AM reply with quote send message to Kajat Kennels Object to Post   

Ok, complete noob question. Can someone please explain the confirmation show ranking system? I've read the help section on it but it's still as clear as mud. I just got a Reserve Winners Bitch on one of my pups and I'm trying to figure out if it's better/worse than best in breed. Any extra info would be great. happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2014 9:10:17 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

It's worst than Best in breed

Winners Bitch is the best non-champion bitch in your breed in the current show

Reserve Winners Bitch is the runner up to a Winners Bitch

Winners Dog is the same as Winner Bitch, but is the male non-champion winner

Reserve Winners Dog is the runner up to the Winners Dog

Best of Opposite Sex is the best dog / bitch that was not best in breed. So if a Bitch got Best in Breed, the Dog could get Best of Opposite Sex. Sometimes class dogs / bitches ( non-champions ) can get best in Breed or Best of Opposite sex!

Best in Breed is the best dog / bitch out of all dogs of that breed entered in that show

You can get 2nd, 3rd and 4th in breed. Sometimes one of the class dogs will get these placements. Best of Opposite does not always get these placements

Dogs can get group placements which mean they beat every dog in their breed and the dogs in the other breeds of their group that did not get a higher group placement.

Show placements beat any dog in any group under a higher show placement

Best in show is the highest you can get!

You get points to be a Champion by winning Winners Bitch, Winners Dog, Best in Breed, Best of Opposite Sex or 2nd 3rd or 4th in class groups

You become a GCH by winning points in the Champion Category, you can only get points in this category bt winning Best of Opposite Sex or Best in Breed!

Youcan only get points if you beat a certian amount of dogs which can be found in the breeds home / information page (:

Hope this makes sense!

~Hayley
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2014 9:11:39 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

That was me by the way^^ haha
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2014 10:07:30 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow, nice job here, Hayley! I think this is the best description of how it workswink ;).

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 1/14/2014 10:07:39 AM
 Kajat Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2014 8:22:46 PM reply with quote send message to Kajat Kennels Object to Post

Thanks so much Hayley! That's an awesome description. I've bookmarked it for future reference too because there's no way I could remember it all! Thanks heaps xo
Karen
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2014 10:31:58 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I'm so glad I could help. If you have any more questions I would be happy to try to help. Many others will too! laugh :D
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2014 2:55:45 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

I know when I started it was described to me that reserve placements are best of the losers. wink ;)
 Kajat Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2014 6:15:42 AM reply with quote send message to Kajat Kennels Object to Post

Haha I like that description! Best of the losers. Easy to remember too.
 Justice Farms
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 3:00:04 AM reply with quote send message to Justice Farms Object to Post

New here, just getting started. I found this topic and I have a question. I've entered my Basset Hound bitch in 2 shows in which she has won Winners Bitch/Best of Opposite Sex, but didn't get any points for it. Is it because there were only two dog's and the other dog got Best of Breed?

Just trying to work out the show pts and such. I know my Lemmie isn't sessioned up completely yet, but I'm still giving her a shot.

Anywho, here's a link to one of the shows she just competed in (if it shows up).

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Picardy%20All%20Breed%20III&breed=Basset%20Hound

Thanks for any and all info!
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 5:36:20 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Yes, the basset didn't get any points because she did not beat another dog by going winners bitch. The more dogs beat, the more points winners will get.
 Justice Farms
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 6:57:31 AM reply with quote send message to Justice Farms Object to Post

Ahh! Okay. Thank you!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.