Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Lets be a community
 Kalynda
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/4/2014 5:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post   

Hello Standard Poodle Breeders!

I know that we have a bunch of dedicated breeders working to improve our lines. I'd like to hear what is HOT in your kennel and what attributes you are working on.

I've been working on GAIT and starting to get 10.2s!

Our SOPs keeps rising and I think it would be valuable for the breeders to be working together and communicative.

Anyone else willing to play together to bring Standard Poodles even higher up the ladder in SD?

Here's hoping!
Kathy
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2014 5:37:44 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Hi there!

I love this, since I tend to keep in close contact in my other breeds (Keeshond, Portuguese Water Dogs, and Dachshunds among my accounts) and would love to get to know you Poodle breeders! I am still relatively new to the breed, of course happy :)

I am happy to see that someone else is working on gait, as well! I will keep your boys in mind when I go to breed, since I am in a 10.3 rut right now! razz :p lol I am also working towards a higher SOP in general and have a 96.20 boy right now. What is the highest SOP in the game now? I thought it was him but ran across a 96.25 boy in the ring the other day, so now I'm wondering happy :)

Anyways, I look forward to others sharing their successes!

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2014 6:39:21 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hey! I completely agree! I feel like we've lost some people in the poodle shows but its still ok!

I'm trying to work on the 5 pointed traits, such as FQ, HQ and FT. I'm also trying to work with white poodles since I admire them in the real world.

I currently have 2 96.30's that i am proud of, one being a black male ( My favorite! ). As well as a blue male!

And I was lucky enough to get a 96.40 MALE. The only bad this is that he's cream and his gait is 10.4, but it's still better than nothing!

I'll be putting Bom Park into retirement after Nationals. I was so proud of her for winning so many BIG, including the SDWC one! I was surprised since she's only a 95.90 but she won't be super good for my breeding program but I'm excited!

I hope to see white numbers in the quarters soon, as well as .8 Coats, since the coat is my ultimate bias in the real world (;

I tend to compare everything with my poodle haha

EDIT: Omg, SUPER jealous of this girl! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13068406

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 4/4/2014 6:41:38 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2014 4:34:44 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Great to hear from both of you!

I have just added a couple of Specialties for Standards - enjoy!

Kathy
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2014 11:41:08 AM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Wow, I feel so far behind...I'm happy when I get higher than 95.80!

I'm not specifically trait breeding, but I kinda focus on feet. I'm also color breeding and the only color I haven't gotten yet, is Silver Beige.

Alexandria
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2014 12:40:55 AM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Thanks for the specialties, Kathy! I entered mine happy :)

Also, I had a lot of litters drop last night and have some pups up for sale. The males are 95.95 and the bitches would be good breeding quality, if anyone is interested! I'll take less than $100 too, since money isn't a concern in this kennel lol.

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2014 6:05:55 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:42:36 AM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2014 8:28:39 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Thanks to everyone who has bought puppies and adult dogs recently - good luck with all of them!

I've been trying to offer more puppies for sale before I have to FH them - these dogs are usually over 96 SOP or have a feature that has been harder to get.

Have a look!

I'll also try to keep adding specialties - especially seeing as the number of all breed shows has been dwindling.

Happy Easter everyone - hope the bunny was good to your poodles happy :)

Cheers,
Kathy
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2014 9:36:53 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

I think I'm getting out of Std. Poodles. I had some okay luck in the beginning, but I've only got 3 96's...96.00, 96.00, and 96.05. I have nice colors though, so if you would like to go through my kennel and offer on what you want, go right ahead. I'll probably keep a few of the very best, but otherwise, I'm bailing.

It's a beautiful breed, but I'm just kinda jinxed with it.

Alexandria
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 6:51:26 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to see you go Alexandria - I think you're getting quite nice dogs with unique pedigrees and great traits - I'd love to get a 10.5 FQ! Stick around for a bit, I think you're on the verge of getting some much needed trait quality!

Welcome Roslin - keep watching the sale board for good dogs and if there is something specific you are looking for, just ask - I bet someone will be able to help.

And I added another Specialty for May 2. I wish we could have specialities on SDWC dates. For those of us who don't have contenders in SDWC, the first of the month is a REALLY BORING DAY!

Have a great day everyone - my RL poodles say that I've spent enough time with my silly virtual kennel!

Cheers,
Kathy
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 10:45:18 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Thanks for the specialty, Kathy!

Alexandria, I have to agree with Kathy on this one. Obviously, it's your choice, but you have some nice pups! They may not have the highest SOPs yet, but they have some really nice traits that may break through soon! I'll offer on one because I would like to get some color other than Cream and Black in my kennel, but that's just something to think about happy :)

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 10:38:10 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I agree with everyone above. SOP isnt everything. Most of my Chs and Gchs have low SOPs

Btw guys, update! I got a 10.4 HQ male! laugh :D
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 11:33:11 AM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Congrats, Beach Dunes! That's awesome! I also just realized you are breeding Whites...I've been wanting to breed them (I don't really like Creams in real life, but those and Blacks are all I'm getting lol)! If you have an extra bitch that you wouldn't mind letting go, let me know happy :)

Em

-----
Last edited by PPKeeshond on 4/26/2014 11:34:04 AM
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2014 3:06:46 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Hi everyone!

I decided to give Poodles a try, and I'm having a blast with them so far! happy :) Got a 96.3 Black boy with 10.2 Gait, as well as a 96.1 Apricot boy.

If anyone ever decides to let go of any broods/brood prospects that are uncommon colors(anything but Cream/Black), please let me know! I'd like to get as many colors established in my kennel as possible happy :)

~Shimmer
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2014 5:57:42 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Welcome! I don't have many colored dogs but if you ever need normal colored higher SOP broods, I can help! (:
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2014 7:07:22 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Got this very lovely CAL girl...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13118476

I've decided to hang around a tad longer wink ;)

Alexandria
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2014 12:36:28 AM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

So, I'm not a standard poodle breeder, but I wanted to help! I made as spreadsheet with all the public poodle studs. Have fun using it, and tell me if there is anything else I can do to help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15cXGMjtsHZi3-UwAgoVdJZVquqUBeeH7B3AFW9SRVVM/edit?usp=sharing

Windy

-----
Last edited by Windsong Hills on 5/4/2014 11:55:06 AM
 Animal Farm
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2014 12:52:23 AM reply with quote send message to Animal Farm Object to Post

Thank you so much! I saw your post about the one you made for Clumber Spaniels and was thinking it would be really cool to have one for St Poodles.
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2014 10:38:03 AM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks so much!

Alexandria
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2014 10:30:42 AM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Absolutely ecstatic about this boy!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13148536

96.5 AND a 10 head! Huge thanks to Beach Dunes for the use of her stud happy :)
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2014 12:41:22 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I already said he was handsome...but, he is STUNNING! I'm totally breeding to his sire when I get the chance...

ETA: My highest SOP...
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13143893

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 5/9/2014 12:41:56 PM

Replies in this thread : 176
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.