Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Prayers Please
 .envoy.
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/7/2014 9:42:50 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post   

Just wanted to let you all know - Olive was involved in a dog fight this morning where the other dog broke Olive's ulna by her wrist, and her radius by her elbow, and messed up the ligaments in Olive's wrist. She is currently in a giant bandage for teh next two days until we figure out surgery options. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I calm down.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 9:57:56 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

OMG...that's awful. What happened?
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Olive.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 10:26:03 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Ohhhh, poor girlie! I hope she'll be okay I'll remember her (and her humans) in my prayers.

Alexandria
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 10:27:37 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

Oh. That is awful. I wish only good things upon you! Keep us posted.
- Grazioso
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 10:34:56 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Prayers for Olive heading your way.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 12:57:15 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

OMGOSH. I hope evrything will be okay. All I'm thinking about how did she got in a fight? No need to answer now, do so when Olive is in the clear! I'll be thinking of you guys for the night and rest to come.
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 1:28:28 AM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Very disturbing ... will have trouble sleeping tonight over this one! Please keep us posted and keep Olive well "medicated" <3
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 3:54:54 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Sending lots of healing thoughts for Olive, you poor thing - never an easy experience to go through sad :(
 House of Wolves Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 7:05:31 AM reply with quote send message to House of Wolves Kennel Object to Post

Oh no! Prayers for Olive sad :(
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 9:01:30 AM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

Sorry for the vague post yesterday, it doesn't really tell what happened. It was Olive and her littermate Copper. They are usually separated 100% of the time because they don't get along but Copper learned how to jump the fence in the backyard and the back door was propped open so she came right inside where Olive was. I was home and broke up the fight, luckily neither Copper or I was hurt. Her ulna is broken down by the wrist and and her radius is broken closer to the elbow, kind of a weird situation so splinting isn't an option and we will go to surgery in a couple days.

Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 11:45:29 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Oh poor Olive, that is a huge bandage. I hope her surgery goes well. You'll be in our thoughts.
I never realized her and Copper didn't enjoy each other, naughty girls. Glad you didn't get hurt breaking up the fight too. I always say for the worst dog fights it takes 2 bitches. I grew up with malamutes and most bitches would just as soon kill each other as look at each other. The boys were much more mellow.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 11:55:50 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

So sorry to hear about Olive - thankfully you were not hurt, it could have been much, much worse.

Keep us updated as she heals!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 1:23:06 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That is one big bandage. Thankfully neither you nor Cooper were hurt! Hopefully she gets well soon happy :)

And I agree with Summer...bitch fights are the worst! Used to own a blue-tick coonhound and she was fine with males, but she'd even just see a female and she'd go bonkers. Same in the human world at times! Haha.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 7/8/2014 1:35:36 PM
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 9:18:32 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Keeping Olive in our thoughts. Please keep us updated. And it is so true about bitch fights.

krisk
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 9:53:18 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Oh Olive! I hope she has a speedy recovery. sad :(
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 9:54:19 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Poor darling, I am so sorry to hear that. I'll keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

-Sarah
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/9/2014 9:38:41 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

I'm so sorry, I hope the surgery and recovery go smoothly. You and Olive are in my thoughts!
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 10:38:03 AM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

Thank you everyone for your kindness! She's hanging in there. She tends to be in a lot of pain in the mornings since her meds start to wear off but during the day she seems better. She sleeps most of the day on the couch and gets carried outside a couple of times throughout the day for potty breaks. Olive goes in today to get a cast put on her leg to replace the bandage. This will ensure her leg is safe until her surgery next Thursday.

Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 11:24:32 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Glad to hear she's holding up well, she's so adorable in those pictures, I just want to give her a hug.
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 7:13:49 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

Here's Ollie rockin' her cast!

Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 8:22:12 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Sorry, did you say why there is such a delay in treatment? With humans you certainly wouldn't be waiting so long with the risk of fat embolis, vascular damage and compartment syndrome .... How are you supposed to be checking her perfusion with such an occlusive cast? Just worried for her.

Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.