Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Need a Prefix
 AdvoKat
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/17/2014 7:14:05 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post   

I played years ago and decided to come back but could remember my old passwords so I made a new account! I was going to use the prefix AK but it was taken already. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2014 7:17:36 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

I like AdvoKat like that, it's different.
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2014 8:27:08 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

It's the name of my horse lol. I was worried about it being a bit long? I can't remember what the character limit on names is.
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2014 8:31:36 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

Dog names are limited to 25 letters and spaces.

Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2014 8:42:28 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

I like AdvoKat! happy :)
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2014 9:03:39 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

Advokat it is then. happy :) Thanks guys
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2014 11:20:11 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Leotyde Kennels

Dog names are limited to 25 letters and spaces.

But don't worry terribly about it...just type it in and see if it's too long...I've gotten up to 30, lol, don't tell Jeff xD.

Case in point: I once had a dog whose name was Amethyst OldFlamesHaveNewNames...that's 30 characters + spaces. The system is kinda random, because sometimes it'll take over 25 and sometimes it won't...I always just type it in and submit it to see if it'll work or not razz :p

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 7/19/2014 11:33:53 PM
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2014 4:05:56 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

I was gonna say the same - I have several dogs with names over 25 characters. I didn't even notice they were too long when typing them in, but they still worked. I'm not sure the system even checks anymore?
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2014 9:35:45 AM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

The system does check, I've tried to name a few to be bounced to the guidelines page.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2014 11:43:12 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The actual limit I think is 30.

As far as length goes, I used GaylanStudio for some years without any problem finding names under the length limits.

I changed some time last year to Gaylann13 and now Gaylann14 so I can keep re-using some of the really good names. In January it will be Gaylann15.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 7/21/2014 11:46:46 PM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.