Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Shampoo??
 Tia button
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/18/2014 1:31:29 PM reply with quote send message to Tia button Object to Post   

Hey! I have been looking for the best shampoo to use on my cavalier King Charles spaniels. Any suggestions? I'm thinking pure paws or Vellus
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 2:02:32 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Good question--I used to work with, groom, and handle a little Cav, and I remember really liking the products I had for him. This was years ago, so let me do some digging and I'll tell you what I come up with. Fairly certain my sister will remember!
 Tia button
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 4:06:49 PM reply with quote send message to Tia button Object to Post

Thanks! I would love to find the best
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2014 12:04:01 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

I looked around a little and remember that I used Crown Royale products. They are available on Cherrybrook, so if you do some research there you can probably find what suits you best if that line looks like something you'd like to purchase.

For the white on his coat, I used a Chris Christensen whitening/brightening shampoo.

Hope this helps!
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2014 12:03:37 AM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

Honestly, I'd try Pantene. I've shown dogs for over 10 years and worked for handlers for 5 of those years... Pantene or Tresemme are great on long coated dogs. For whitening shampoo, I always used Shiny Silver shampoo from Sally's... works like a charm!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2014 7:10:10 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

You can't go wrong with Pure Paws or CC products and the both have different formulations for different coat "types".
 Cornus
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2014 8:23:40 AM reply with quote send message to Cornus Object to Post

All depends on what the coat needs..... Do you have a dry coat that needs conditioning? Do you have a soft coat that needs to be coarser? Do you have a white coat that needs cleaning and brigthening? Lots of shampoos out there for lots of different needs.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2014 8:18:51 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

I recommend and only use Isle of Dogs, they have products for all coat types. I've used it on Clumber Spaniels in the past with great success.
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 9:53:27 AM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

I agree Isle of Dogs has changed my life.. Will use nothing else.. I have cockers.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.