Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Looking for a Breed in Need!! :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/18/2014 5:42:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

Gday!

I've currently got a family account that has 5 separate breeds - most of which are already breeds in need, but one of my more 'popular' breeds I have lost interest in, so I'm on the search for a new one!

Criteria:

- Must have friendly players willing to co-operate happy :)

- SOP must be lower than 90% (preferably)

That's about it really - I don't care for colour or coat type breeding, I just like playing with stats and improving SOP.

(My current breeds at the moment are Anatolian Shepherds, Azawakhs, Caucasian Mountain Dogs, English Setters and RRs).

Cheers! happy :)
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 6:13:04 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

(Forgot to mention: the new breed will be placed in my Northern Lightz kennel) happy :)
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 8:11:06 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

I breed German Pinschers and GSD's in this kennel, and I think Pinschers would be a good fit for you. They aren't a very popular breed, but they aren't extremely rare either. The show ring tends to be quite competitive, and the breeder are soooo friendly and helpful. We just broke into the 90's! I'm currently sessioning a 90.25 to get in the ring shortly, so we are at a nice stage and always welcoming improvement!

In my other kennel (Lordes Kennel) I'm working with source dogs to bring up Red & White in Boston Terriers. The breeders are really nice! I'm not too sure how they are in shows since I don't participate in them, but I'm sure you could find a mentor to help you out. They also have different coluur projects you could work on, aspire for certain traits, or simply breed for a nice SOP.

I would love to help you in either breed, or at least point you in the direction of someone who can! Feel free to message me with any questions you may have pertaining to my breeds or simply the game!
- Grazioso/Lordes
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 10:24:01 PM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

Pugs. We need new breeders!
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2014 4:31:57 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

How about Portuguese Pointers? There's not very many of us, but we're all very friendly and helpful. Our top SOP is 87.9, and they session pretty quickly and have decently large litters (very rarely less than 5 pups.) I also have a plethora of 86+ pups for sale, including some mid-87's who'd be great for showing. I'm a little short on broods at the moment, but could probably make a few available in a few days.
 Wyvern
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2014 4:58:38 PM reply with quote send message to Wyvern Object to Post

Well, Norwegian Elkhounds would fit the kennel name perfectly!

There are currently 2 active kennels, and the SOP is just into the 90s. There are 4? dogs 91+, but they are very much the exception. There is a bit of a problem with a small gene pool, which is why we really need another kennel or 2 to help. Most litters are running 88-90 for SOPs.

I have been having a fun time bringing up the SOP in the breed, but it is more fun with more kennels! I am so glad Akoya joined recently.

So, I will be willing to help with good dogs to start. I have not been listing much for sale, so a PM will be the best way to get some stock.

Wyvern
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2014 6:53:14 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thanks everyone for your responses - I will check out all of the above mentioned breeds and go from there! happy :) Cheers happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.