.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Interesting idea
 Renagade
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/4/2017 9:28:07 AM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So, I have been thinking about this for a while. Horse racing has "match races" for two horses to see which of them is better. Friendly competition. I've been considering hosting "match" shows for two nominated dogs in any breed with big payouts? Thoughts?

I think this would be fun and help circulate more money. Being as I've been gifted with an amazing stud who continues to be used, I was thinking of a fun way to give it back. I don't mind hosting said shows or paying the payouts.

Just a fun idea I had. Obviously there would be rules or basic thought placed into it. happy :)

Four

-----
Last edited by Renagade on 6/4/2017 9:31:37 AM
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2017 10:50:17 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I think any idea that would stimulate more competition is a good one. I am not familiar with the horse matches at all. Can you please detaliate what exactly would it imply? Entering just two specific dogs in a show?
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2017 11:51:59 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

How would the 2 dogs be chosen to participate?
 Renagade
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2017 10:04:08 PM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post

Well, in horse match racing, one owner challenges another owner. Day both horses are equally talented but one wants to prove they're better than the other. Example: Secretariat/Sham or Sea Biscuit/War Admiral. The winner gets a nice jackpot as well as bragging rights and a trophy.

Obviously we cannot give out a trophy but we can do a nice payout as well as perhaps a badge for the profile of the dog owner? I'm sure I could commission someone to make a general badge to display.

I feel that this would be a challenge only basis. I would suggest the top 2 dogs in the "current top dog" list but, some judges have preference on sex. So....perhaps we could work that somehow since we can no longer pick judges.

Also, we could arrange it outside of one breed. For example the top Doberman challenges the top Great Dane or vice versa. I'm brainstorming right now so any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

Four
 Renagade
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2017 10:12:57 PM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post

Lets see if I can break this down.

Lucky #1 Terrier
Vs
Slick #1 Toy

I would make a show specifically for those two dogs (labeled as such in the shows choices) and add a hefty payout. The show would run and whichever dog won that show by any means which beats the competitor, wins the payout. I may not add the payout to the show specifically because I'm sure there will be people who ignore the fun and enter the show anyway. I don't want to take a chance of the two competitors not getting their payout. But rather have the winner sell me a dog for the payout amount.

Rules would have to be strict.

A Great Dane cannot challenge say, a Manchester Toy. Too big of a SOP gap. UNLESS the owner of the LESSER dog should agree. I mean, things do happen. But said Great Dane could challenge a rival within its own breed. In that case, I would make a breed specific show for those two dogs. I could make it open for all breed entries and reward whichever of them places higher.

-----
Last edited by Renagade on 6/4/2017 10:15:49 PM

Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2017 11:45:34 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I really like this! What I'm trying to understand I am wondering what would happen if say,whoever the owner of the 'challenged' dog,do agree or respond? After many years here with on & off hiatus's,wh happening right now,probably due to school not yet having the Summer break,is a lull in active players imho.I wonder if maybe it would be something where a player comes here,in the Forum and enters publicly along with what dogs they're willing to enter.So the person challenges them and at that time they'll agree to the challenge or decline...
Since returning 3 months ago,after very long away the one thing I've definitely noticed is there seems like there are many players,all with different kennels & breeds but after sending a message to who you think is a stranger they reply telling you,Hello this is 'Jane',you already messaged me about broads in my other kennel! So really it's a very small world here! The people who are actively playing might be the same as the 1st challenger? So they'd be winning either way...
Sorry so much writing but can you see my concern? Anything that'll add another layer of fun is something I'm always up for,as long as it's fair! Barbara
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2017 11:48:29 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

I am a rambler,that me above!
 Renagade
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2017 2:00:09 PM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post

Correct.

Someone who wants to challenge would have to do so on a public thread that I will make. I will then message each party to see if both accept. If they do, I will quite the challenge and reply with a show date and name.

Obviously one person cannot challenge themselves so that would be a rule. We could maybe incorporate something for them to test the best dogs from their kennels but, again, that isn't the focus.

Four
 Renagade
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2017 2:01:15 PM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post

Sorry. Repost.

-----
Last edited by Renagade on 6/5/2017 9:06:12 PM
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/5/2017 11:10:33 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Interesting idea.
 ~*Angel*Dreams*~
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2017 8:32:35 AM reply with quote send message to ~*Angel*Dreams*~ Object to Post

I had hoped that within 4 months of working with my breeds I'd get them to either get Group placements or something to reflect my work. Unfortunately it beginning to seem that some breeds,even if there's a dog who's substantially better than any other just doesn't get recognition in the show ring! I'm convinced it's somehow programmed that way.So I really like this idea.Maybe,someone who's clever with a paint program could create a badge? Similar to the merit badges but colorful? I am in.I appreciate people who think outside the box! Besides,also being extremely generous! It could be great fun! Thank you Renegade !
*please excuse grammar mistakes*
 Halcyon Delight
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2017 2:07:20 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Delight Object to Post

How do you stop someone else just entering the show because they can to try to get the hefty payout?

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.