Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Platinum GCH and a lesson in SOP not meaning much ...
 Willowcreek
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/21/2017 9:57:17 AM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post   

A Platinum GCh. and she is ranked #10 overall for GCh. points (545 GCh. points) and 24 BISS wins later she has stunned me.

When she was born she was a very average SOP, I thought I"ll finish her because her sire is my greatest dog on SD ever and I wanted him to get his merit awards... well did she ever surprise me... she has no traits of note for the breed really (her head is 9.8 but so are almost all the other shelties), she's just plain to look at but she hit the show ring she took off, much to my surprise the longer I showed her the lower she SOP became for the breed and she kept winning.

Super proud of her and definitely a lesson that SOP doesns't always mean anything happy :)

Anyway, here she is, she retired today (she might make the world cup though).

Platinum GCh. Willowcreek Stars In The Sky
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15639107
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2017 12:37:26 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Congratulations for your top GCH dogs! I'm currently striving to get there to nr1 with my lab ESAN Cedarwoods happy :) :P Hope I can dethrone your Sheltie although I don't think so, not with Cedarwoods sad :(
You're absolutely right! There is definitely much more to a successful show dog than it's SOP. Have seen it in quite a few of my own dogs.
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2017 1:37:24 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

Good luck with your Lab boy! It's nice to see the "faces" of the all time GCh. list change up some... Whiskey was the first "new" dog to crack that list in a while...lol
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2017 5:30:22 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Hi Willowcreek

Thanks for bringing this list to my attention.

I've never looked at it - and discover I have a dog in there. A dog that I didn't ever feel was as good as his kennel mates. Sorry Gibli - I vastly underestimated you!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.