Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : New Puppy Advice?
 Berry Brits
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/18/2018 9:12:26 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post   

Hello everybody!

I'm Berry and I'm new here. happy :) I figured I'd join because I've got too much spare time on my hands, and we're about to introduce a Brittany puppy to the family! Dogs have always been my obsession, and since this is going to be my first time owning one I'm super excited.

We're going to be getting a puppy in around two months from a reputable breeder, and I wanted to ask what puppy-raising tips everybody might have? I'm specifically looking for tips for the pup's first few days, of course I'm doing lots of online research but first-hand advice is always welcome! <3

Recommendations on crates, dog food, grooming supplies, and anything else would also be great! If there are any irl Brittany owners here I'd love to have some specific input on the breed as well. happy :)

While I'm at it, I'm also new to this site I would welcome in game information as well lol. From what I can tell, source dogs aren't very competitive? I'm hoping to get into Brittanys here as well (hence the username), so I contacted who seems to be the main breeder for some help, but I'm a bit lost otherwise. XD

I am hoping to make the most of my basic account privilledges before they run out, since we are welcoming a new puppy I don't think I'm going to be able to spare expenses to upgrade my account. owo

Sorry this has been a pretty long post! Thanks in advance for any input! <3
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2018 9:19:35 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

While Im sure you will get plenty of help on here, your dog's breeder should be a valuable asset and fountain of information.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2018 9:20:30 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Yep, of course I'm going to be talking with the breeder as well! laugh :D I just figure that there is no such thing as too much information, and a site dedicated to dog people seems like a pretty good source as well. :P
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2018 12:45:10 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

You should get all this information from your breeder.
Have fun at this game now as I suspect once the puppy arrives, you will be a goner...or should be...LOL

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.