Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Manual session button “bug”
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/2/2018 8:37:45 PM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post   

So, I’ve been dealing with this for quite a while now and I keep watching this forum to see if someone else will bring it up, but no one has. Am I the only one that is having this issue??? Randomly, though quite frequently, the individual “Train” “Exercise “ “Groom” And “All” buttons will not do what they are supposed to. For example, I will hit “Train” And it will do all three. Or I will hit “All” And it will just exercise. It really ticks me off that I have to buy extra sessions because I never know what’s going to happen when I hit the “Train” button!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/2/2018 8:41:33 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

What browser are you using? I've never had this happen.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2018 12:01:11 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm sorry you are having a problem but I'm not sure it would be in ShowDog. I've never had any random problems although I sometimes hit the mouse button before I mean to and session the wrong thing.
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2018 4:37:16 AM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am using my iPhone. I only show dogs in this kennel, my other four have Starter lines so I am not sessioning in any of my other kennels so I couldn’t even tell you if it’s just this kennel or all of them. I hadn’t considered that this site might not be mobile friendly, since the rest of it seems to work perfectly for me, but I guess that is definitely a possibility. Not that I can do much about it... I don’t own a PC, this is all I’ve got. If this is the case, then I guess I will just have to accept it. I am getting four times the amount of sessions I have signed up for, so I guess I should quit complaining, lol! And if that’s a bug with using my iPhone, please forget I even said anything! LOL!

-----
Last edited by Sand Prairie Flats on 5/3/2018 4:42:56 AM
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2018 11:04:07 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I suspected you might be using something other than a computer of some type. I confess, I do not own a "smart phone" of any kind so I'm not sure what the process is like.

Anyway, I hope you figure it out and continue to enjoy the game. How does it work if you bring up each dogs individual page and session them that way? It's not as efficient I know but it may help avoid using up the sessions in unintentional ways.

Good luck.

I don't think of it so much as not mobile-friendly but the game is rooted in technology that predates the mobility explosion. The new technologies have not been designed to always accommodate the older applications completely.

Is there anyone else using an iPhone or other similar device? It would be interesting to know what the issues are, how wide spread, and what solutions others have found.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio4 on 5/3/2018 11:12:12 AM
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2018 12:04:03 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

It might be a phone glitch. I have more glitches when I use my phone than when i'm on Chrome.
Try on the computer and see if the same issue happens.

I haven't had anything like that happen and I manually sessioned couple of pups today. Hope it works out for you.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2018 1:14:52 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I use my iPAD a lot and have had no issues like this.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2018 3:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Yes I do mine on my iPad and iPhone and never have this issue
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2018 4:56:12 AM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post

I use my iPhone occasionally, and am on a Macbook right now and no issues. Try zooming in on the button before pressing. You may be hitting the wrong button with your finger, the phone doesn't offer much room.
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2018 5:09:42 AM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post

I do bring up the dog’s individual page to session. And I do zoom in before touching any button. The first couple times it happened I thought maybe I was accidentally touching the wrong button but it happens way too often for that. Besides, “Train” is pretty far away from “All” when you are have the screen zoomed in. It is what it is. I’m sure it’s my phone. Not much I can do about it.
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2018 5:29:57 AM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post

Oh, and I should add, I’ve only been having this issue for the past couple of months, it hasn’t always been this way. So I don’t know what’s changed. ?????
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2018 1:19:01 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmmm, when was the last update to your software?

Seems I was reading something about updates that slowed older phones to conserve battery life (they weren't telling folks). There was a bit of a flap about it. They did respond but I can't recall the details.

Anyway, I'm wondering if an update in the past while is the root of your problem - they really want you to buy a new phone . . .

Just a thought.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2018 4:04:35 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Don't buy a new phone!

I have a laptop that I am playing from, and I do have the same issues on sessioning at times, so I don't think it is a phone issue.

JP happy :)
 Crosscroft
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2018 6:22:06 PM reply with quote send message to Crosscroft Object to Post

Are yall not getting double sessions? I am getting 48 sessions daily in both of my kennels and always sell the extra?
 Sand Prairie Flats
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2018 9:44:59 PM reply with quote send message to Sand Prairie Flats Object to Post

Thank you Just Pumi! Sorry you are having this issue too, but I am glad to know that I am not the only one!
 Wuppet Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2018 2:45:54 AM reply with quote send message to Wuppet Kennel Object to Post

posted by Sand Prairie Flats
I am using my iPhone. I only show dogs in this kennel, my other four have Starter lines so I am not sessioning in any of my other kennels so I couldn’t even tell you if it’s just this kennel or all of them. I hadn’t considered that this site might not be mobile friendly, since the rest of it seems to work perfectly for me, but I guess that is definitely a possibility. Not that I can do much about it... I don’t own a PC, this is all I’ve got. If this is the case, then I guess I will just have to accept it. I am getting four times the amount of sessions I have signed up for, so I guess I should quit complaining, lol! And if that’s a bug with using my iPhone, please forget I even said anything! LOL!

-----
Last edited by Sand Prairie Flats on 5/3/2018 4:42:56 AM

Is your IPHONE up-to-date? I am using my IPHONE with IOS 11?, (the latest version), and it works just fine.

My problem is that when I write dog names, my international keyboard, or extra symbols show up instead of letters. I think it's an IPHONE/keyboard issue, because I am using an external keyboard.
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2018 1:33:50 PM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

I use a desktop and an android phone, depending on whether I'm home or not. I haven't had sessioning issues on either. Maybe, as someone else said, you need an update on your phone.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2018 2:59:50 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I use my PC, Samsung Tab, and Galaxy 9Plus. No problems with this issue on my end.

On my phone I use chrome browser. On my pc I use firefox, chrome and occasionally IE

Will

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.