Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Down grading.....
 Star Shiine
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2018 10:37:40 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post   

Sadly I've come to the decision to downgrade from a family account to two standard kennels. Others that have done this....is it easy? How do I go about it? My family sub runs out 7/9, should I wait til then? I'd rather change now. If I cancel the subscription will my kennels be safe until 7/9 or will they go straight to basic?
I'd be glad for any advice

I just can't keep up with the random judges, it takes so long every night to enter shows that I'm just not showing enough and it's becoming stressful rather than fun. Such a shame, I've spent so much time and effort on my dogs and for a time was No1 in all of them. sad :(
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2018 9:44:48 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I know exactly what you mean. The judge situation has taken a lot of the strategy out of it for me, and therefore a lot of the fun.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2018 6:48:38 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I think you can go now and cancel your family subscription, it should still run until you're paid up to. And go and pay for subscriptions for each of the two accoounts.

Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2018 11:28:54 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

If you've decided for sure you can cancel the Family now and everything will be fine until 7/9. Use the time to wind down operations in the other 3 kennels - although you can still keep one as a Basic if you want.

Watch the calendar so you remember to create the two single subs without triggering the dog-napper. There is usually a day or so grace but I wouldn't depend on it. You can do this a bit early if it's more convenient but they will be covered by both subscription during the overlap.

Sorry to have you partially leaving but good luck with whatever replaces the accounts (lol).

Personally, I'm fine with the judges. I have never bothered too much with them, ever, except to memorize the owner-judges and sometimes the very political. Since they are largely "un-retired" older judges I can fairly easily pick them out again. Where I actually have the most issues is with picking the handlers - that is time consuming - mine often go without handlers when they should have them.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2018 2:17:38 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Thanks very much all
 Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2018 2:42:22 PM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

It's very sad but I get the impression that Jeff no longer needs the income from Showdog.
I think it's a case of the income's nice for luxuries so as long as it doesn't take much effort and people are prepared to play he'll keep it going.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.