Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : How??
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/23/2018 8:40:13 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post   

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2018 10:38:45 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

How what?

They appear to have a lot of dogs - is that what you question?

Yes it's possible to have this situation without violating any rules.

You can breed with 30 adult dogs and have 10 litters born. You can then breed another 10 litters that would be born when the first batch are 6 days old and by then the first litters are 12 days old and their dams could have been re-bred and they will have their pups as usual even though that first batch will be 14+ days and the kennel will be over limit.

Been there many a time.

When you have 31 or more dogs 14+ days old you can no longer bred or enter shows. If you have entered shows before those pups hit 14 days, you will compete - you just will not be able to enter any more until you deal with the pupulation problem.

I hope that helped explain your question. If that wasn't your question I apologize - it struck me as the most obvious issue. Now, I didn't do a detailed analysis of the ages of all those pups so perhaps there is something odd here, although I think you'll find it works out ok.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2018 11:30:12 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Yeah, if that's the case, why isn't everyone abusing what is clearly a weird and easy loophole?

Your explanation is far too tidy, sorry.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2018 11:33:08 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

And on second checking their account from when I posted, they no longer have the 20+ to be expected litters they had. Now I feel like I was seeing things that are gone.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2018 11:39:47 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Also, your explanation would make sense if they had 30 bitches only but they have 30 males by themselves? The more I read your post, the less it makes sense, I apologize.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2018 3:21:00 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

My guess is the kennel is FHing dogs and then clicking the undo FH option. It's a glitch to get around kennel limits.

This kennel has been reported to Admin for this obvious glitch abuse/cheating.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2018 3:23:58 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
How what?

They appear to have a lot of dogs - is that what you question?

Yes it's possible to have this situation without violating any rules.

You can breed with 30 adult dogs and have 10 litters born. You can then breed another 10 litters that would be born when the first batch are 6 days old and by then the first litters are 12 days old and their dams could have been re-bred and they will have their pups as usual even though that first batch will be 14+ days and the kennel will be over limit.

Been there many a time.

When you have 31 or more dogs 14+ days old you can no longer bred or enter shows. If you have entered shows before those pups hit 14 days, you will compete - you just will not be able to enter any more until you deal with the pupulation problem.

I hope that helped explain your question. If that wasn't your question I apologize - it struck me as the most obvious issue. Now, I didn't do a detailed analysis of the ages of all those pups so perhaps there is something odd here, although I think you'll find it works out ok.

Gaylan,

Kennel has 25 litters due on the same date.

Will
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2018 5:34:57 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Ah, sorry, I wouldn't have bothered making a post about a known cheater. I was just shocked after browsing around the top kennels list.

And that makes sense but it is far too ridiculous to comprehend. Also I see the 20+ litters are back.

Why is this kennel allowed to undermine the game? Really sad.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2018 12:59:38 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Sorry, I did not check everything - I did spot-check a few but not all. I didn't check for due litters for one thing. My explanation was based on an assumption of "innocence".

The FH and recover has been abused in this way in the past. Perhaps FHs should continue to count for the hour or two recovery window. It would be an inconvenience for some who do not plan to abuse but would avoid having that recovery window closed.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2018 10:15:33 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

But if you FH and then reclaim it, doesn't it count again?
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2018 10:33:10 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

posted by XiZang
But if you FH and then reclaim it, doesn't it count again?
I'm just taking a stab here but - when you have 10 bitches pregnant and go to breed an 11th SD won't allow you to breed again. So I am guessing that they are FHing the pregnant ones as soon as they breed them. Then go back and reclaim them all (as there isn't a limit from memory?)
As technically when they are breeding more they're still under the limit of 10 pregnancies because they've FHd the other pregnant ones.
^^ hopefully this makes sense

Can't say I've ever seen anything like this before, maybe we need to put a limit on how many dogs you can reclaim per month or week?

- Lindsey
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 8:40:03 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

It actually never occurred to me to go try to go over the limit. I have too many to deal with as it is. I guess some people just want to beat the system no matter what.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 10:50:53 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

By being cheap. That kennel is ultimately scamming Jeff out of money since those dogs can be housed in several premium kennels.

If that's not incentive enough to shut it down, I don't think anything will be.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2018 4:05:41 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I am also getting the feeling that other Dobe breeders either don't care or are defeated by this.

Absolutely wild.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2018 4:09:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Over the years there have been many discussions on this topic. Even when Jeff used to penalize folks for cheating, this kennel seemed untouchable.

I tried different breeds in the past, but never Dobes because of this issue.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.