Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Is hosting shows a good way to get money?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/16/2019 11:49:42 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

Hello!
I am curious if hosting shows is a good way to get money on the game or is it a drain of funds? If you do specialty shows, how many dogs must enter in order to break even?
Thank you for your help!
Emily
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2019 12:47:25 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

You get a dollar back for every entry. Today, I hosted a specialty at $200 and:

There were 42 entries and you have received $42.00 for sponsoring the show.
My last all breed show had 501 entries so I made back $501.00. It cost $2,500.00 to host.

You won't break even these days on SD with low entry numbers. But I am often at $25,000 balance so no point in hoarding money when I can help make majors with shows.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2019 4:33:34 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I never make money hosting shows. I make them as I am often too close to $25,000.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2019 5:49:25 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Thank you for your replies! I was just curious if it was just something people did to "waste" money or if it was actually used to gain money. Again, thank you for your help!
Emily
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2019 10:12:07 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Same as above, I make shows to dump money out of my kennels because I"m often close to the limit. I find making money is easy on SD now, which I like, as it makes hosting shows a lot easier and the show schedule is almost always full.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.