Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Closed Kennel Breeds
 High Definition Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/18/2019 12:54:50 PM reply with quote send message to High Definition Kennel Object to Post   

There are a few breeds of dogs that I would like to get involved in, but sadly there are none for sale and no studs available

I have messaged a few of them but no answer

Would I have to start from scratch with admin dogs or should I just pick another few breeds?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2019 2:16:18 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

May I ask what breed?

edit to add: to your question, if it is a closed breed that is run by several kennels which you suspect are owned by the same person, the show aspect of the game might be tricky if you wish to start from scratch.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 2/18/2019 2:19:32 PM
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 5:08:42 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I would try messaging the owners again and if no reply, most likely pick another breed.

Had similar experience and it gets old and boring soon to play by yourself.
 High Definition Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 6:24:05 PM reply with quote send message to High Definition Kennel Object to Post

well after a bit of looking I think I have found a breed that I may try
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 10:05:53 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I have started from scratch with source dogs and enjoy it, but only because I am the only active kennel. There aren't really dogs out there with a higher SOP, so I can still show and finish dogs because the super low SOP is competitive within the breed. I don't think I'd enjoy it if I was in a breed that had other users with high SOP dogs, because you wouldn't be able to show at all. I have done it in the past and always lost interest quickly.
 Archania
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2019 4:19:10 AM reply with quote send message to Archania Object to Post

I started from scratch with one of my breeds and the excitement of getting a puppy over 50 was unreal!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.