Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : How do judges choose?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/1/2019 7:47:24 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

How do the judges choose rankings in the shows on here? Does SOP and COI% have much to do with it? I read the judges info card an see kind of what the judge likes, but how much does that have to do with judging?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2019 11:37:49 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

We do not know exactly what "judges" see. It's been speculated that they "see" more detail than we do but how much is not certain but it's pretty obvious that not all 10.0's are created equal. We speculate that there are additional decimals that we do not see - they are rounded.

Exactly how the judges preferences work is again just speculation. My guess is that there is a system of bonuses applied after the basic conformation numbers are evaluated. For example, if the judge favours bitches over dogs, my bitch gets an extra + bonus. Based on handler I get additional +'s, or -'s depending on how skilled my handler is and how much the judge favours them. Likewise for all the conditioning and training factors and judges priorities (head high vs low).

All these unknown specifics produce the variable results that cause the game to mimic real life.

This is just guesswork on my part and the other longer term players - it is not known fact so we could be wrong!

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.