Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Tell me about your rations?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/10/2019 12:20:28 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

What rations do you use for your dogs and why?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2019 3:40:16 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

All of my puppies are put on a custom ration that has max everything and then they're switched to a ration that has max everything as adults. When all of their stats reach 20, I switch them to Super Duper Adult Formula to keep them conditioned and save me a bit money. I do it because I have a bit of money to spend, but not much. I think that it gets them conditioned better and faster for show as well.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/10/2019 4:04:11 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'd only add that if you are including Meds in your ration, you needn't. Meds were added very near the beginning of time SD-wise I believe because illness was to be added but the majority did not want quite that much realism. Thus Meds don't do anything except increase cost. Set them at the lowest(1).

Secondly, PetHouse will also maintain fully sessioned dogs at 20 and it's a bit cheaper than SuperDuper.

My own dogs go from Puppy1777 to Adult1777 and I don't bother to change them at all. Puppy1777 means Meds at 1 and everything else at 7.

Condition is wholly dependant on food.

Obedience/Training is wholly dependat on sessioning.

Muscling and Coat are influeced by both good food and sessioning. Maximum results are had by using both.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2019 5:52:56 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Thanks Gaylan! Great insight!
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2019 3:28:46 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

I do the 1777 ratio for sessioning ( I have a puppy one and an adult one) and then I use Pet House for show or adult dogs once they are fully sessioned or for my brood bitches and then stud dogs that aren't shown are on old boy. It's what I've done since we started SD... in 2003 ... yikes I've been here a while

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.