Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : New Accounts, Forgotten Passwords, etc
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/18/2019 4:05:29 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Has anyone had any recent experience in these matters?

I found a new potential user - really new not a returnee. She can't get a password sent and it doesn't appear the account was made - she tried four or five months ago. I tried earlier today and still have nothing. I went to my ShowCattle account and requested a forgotten password (not really forgotten but I wondered). I know this was working, oh maybe a year ago now cuz I used it.

So far nothing about anything.

It appears to be broken (or just turned off???) I wondered how long ago this started. I know the new account creation has been broken/disabled in SH and Rabbit for a year or more but I thought SD was still working.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2019 7:37:07 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

I believe I set up my finishing kennel within the last 2-3 months so it's not been that long broken or disabled.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2019 7:42:59 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't know if that means anything bad or not. Maybe try again.
Earlier today, the entire website would not come up for me. Don't know if it was in maintenance or not. Isn't RoyalAkita new? Like within the past month or two new?
EDIT: The following shows do not have results either, so maybe that was also why the website was down.
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Caulfeilds%20May%2019%20All%20Breed%20Show
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Frijsland%2076
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=SatinSilk%20191
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=SilknT%20155
I think that means that only one show ran. I didn't enter my one dog into the obedience trials because I only have troubles with those giving me error messages, so I do not know about today's obedience.

-----
Last edited by Emily.Rose on 5/19/2019 7:47:51 AM
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2019 9:49:25 AM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

My two accounts are both new - one is a month old, the other is three weeks old. In both cases, when I signed up for the accounts, the emails with the passwords were filtered straight into my junk/spam folders. Could the same thing have happened to your friend?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2019 11:43:40 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Good morning all. Yes I noticed last night that the whole thing was "unavailable". I had sent Jeff a regular email describing some issues with changing and getting forgotten passwords and such as well as the new accounts business so perhaps that's the reason for the outage.

I had thought we had new accounts recently but wasn't sure if they were really new or returnees. The passwords were not going to spam/junk as I did it myself to (although I was using the same email so that may have been as issue in that case.

I was trying to retrieve passwords for some accounts as I hadn't used the individual pw since the linked accounts came about. Since my friend could not get a new account I was going to give herone of nine to try out the game anyway (I have too many to really manage these days). That's when I discovered all the password recovery links were broken. I'll have to check and see if that was fixed.

If I was the cause of the interruption, sorry, but I'm hoping these glitches are fixed. I'll get back to you on that.
 RoyalAkita
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2019 12:10:48 PM reply with quote send message to RoyalAkita Object to Post

Mine was three weeks ago. I had no trouble. Just could not get on the site. Got on it again late afternoon time.
 Team Red
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2019 12:32:39 PM reply with quote send message to Team Red Object to Post

I’ve been trying to register on ShowHorse.com but it doesn’t say an email with a temporary password has been sent to my email. My showcattle.com and SD accounts were made yesterday with little issue. Can’t figure out how to contact an admin about this issue
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/19/2019 12:51:07 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thank you for all of the feedback folks!

I have been able to recover all the individual passwords - except 1! I don't know what's different about this kennel but I still get either no reply or a "website error" - depending on which way I do it.

I'm glad to hear that the new account is working on SD and Cattle (I wasn't sure about the Cattle as I don't play it although I do have an account.

The issue with ShowHorse new accounts still remains though, unfortunately. I'll have to go and see if the password business works.

Anyway, anyone with an old account over there - please consider having another look. We are struggling with the user base but we are really trying to be more cooperative and friendly but we need more people!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.