Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Want a new breed? Think about Dachshunds!!
 Dances And Prances
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/23/2019 10:18:06 AM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post   

Lots of nice things about this breed.. BIS competitors (High SOP is 98.1), 3 coat types, and tons of colors to work on! I don’t have kennel space for all the projects!!!

I try to keep points in at least 2 shows a night and I don’t place handlers on class dogs.. most breeders have cooperated in this. We stick to handlers on Champions or in shows with no in breed competition. Obviously.. there is no way to enforce this.. but it makes it easier for me to keep shows full.

If you have any questions feel free to message me! More dogs available if you are serious!!

Show level colors.. Red, Wildboar, Chocolate and Tan
Most show dogs are WH or Wirehair, Long hair (LH) are getting close.. I have carriers that are top SOP now.

Black and Tan is moving up quickly, and is in the 90s. I have started working with Creams, Blues, and Brindles.. but they could really use some help! Wheaten too..

My Trait projects are Head and Gait.. both coming along well.. I have 10s in each now.. trying to get it consistent. Topline is my next project..

I can offer help or advice with color genetics if needed.

Thanks for the consideration and welcome to the breed if anyone makes the jump!
Jennifer
 Dances And Prances
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2019 10:20:24 AM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post

I will also clear out the dogs for sale to make starters cheaper if someone needs them! I have a lot up now for this offer.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2019 11:15:11 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

This is a great deal. There are a LOT of great Dachshund studs available too. Amoroso was just saying that her stud is a platinum GCH and a silver stud. Great opportunities all around for this breed.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2019 11:31:39 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I just snagged a pregnant brood to see if I can get a show prospect to show out of the litter.

If not, I will breed her again later to see what I can get to play with.

Will
 Heavenly Hacienda
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2019 2:39:56 PM reply with quote send message to Heavenly Hacienda Object to Post

Thanks and good luck! I session and show anything 97.75 or up at this point. I have a few top SOP male puppies if you are interested in something to show sooner.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.