Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Breed suggestions?
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/25/2019 2:26:47 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post   

Looking for a new breed for this kennel. Something with an SOP in the 90s, will consider breeds that have hit 100 if they have lost or ‘left behind’ colours. Some degree of competition but still finish-able. Group or show placing potential is always nice. Open to pretty much anything except Amstaffs. happy :)
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2019 4:59:19 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

How about Greyhounds? We need some help with colours

Lisa
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2019 5:58:25 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Will definitely consider! Would love something with Picardy pics though.
 Ponds
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2019 10:01:19 PM reply with quote send message to Ponds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am the only active player in Irish Wolfhounds. We have a SOP in the 99 range and I regularly win BIS and last month I won the SDWC with a Wolfhound.

I have some lovely dogs I could help you get a start with.

-----
Last edited by Ponds on 6/25/2019 10:04:50 PM
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2019 10:21:49 AM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

Miniature Schnauzers are super fun! Currently sitting in the 97.4-97.65 SOP range, we have a lot of dogs showing between a couple of different people with occasional group placements and frequent specialty shows and breed show payouts.

We would love to have you! Feel free to shoot me a message and I am more than happy to give you some nice dogs happy :)

PS: we have Picardy pics wink ;)
 Skyfall Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2019 1:19:25 PM reply with quote send message to Skyfall Kennels Object to Post

I have picked up many projects lately if any of them interest you!

Puli- Has Picardy Pics! The very last on the breed popularity list. I am the only active player and I have starter dogs in each color. I am breeding them to studs in abandoned kennels!

Portuguese Water Dog- Has Picardy Pics. Second to last breed on the popularity list. There is one active kennel with 5 older dogs. I am talking with them and hope to get started after their litters drop tomorrow.

Bichon- Has Picardy Pics. Third to last on the breed popularity list. Top SOP and any good SOP is in an abandoned kennel. So I'm breeding and showing from scratch (but using old good SOP studs).

Toy Fox Terriers- Sixth from the bottom on the popular breed list. There is one other active kennel in the breed that is also working from scratch. I bought the additional starters in every color so will be color breeding as I go.

Cavaliers- Has Picardy Pics. Higher in SOP (mid 98) but missing the black and tan color.

Skye Terrier- No Picardy Pic sad :( But 94 SOP and only two colors are showable. Working on bring the other colors back.

Chows- No Picardy Pic...This breed is so much fun! SOP just hit 90. (I have all of the colors except rough red) all are showable right now but some colors are falling behind as I don't have room for them all.

Smooth Fox Terriers- Has Picardy Pics. Another fun breed with active kennels. SOP is around 98 but missing two colors (white, and black & white)
 Ruan
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2019 3:13:20 PM reply with quote send message to Ruan Object to Post

Seconding Chows, as they're a lot of fun. I've been working on broadening the available colours - both red and blue had all but disappeared when I started in Chows, and they're still a little behind the other colours, but they should be able to catch up.

As mentioned, Chows don't have Picardy art, but I've been working on art of them. I can't measure up to Picardy's art skills, but it's nice to have something to put on the dogs' pages. Currently the rough coated art is done, and is free for anybody to use.

I have an account completely full of Chows, so I can help get you started. happy :)

I'll also suggest Rhodesian Ridgebacks, as I'm the only breeder of them. SOP is currently hovering at 98, so group and show placements are both possible. I've even had BiS with one of my bitches. Rhodesian Ridgebacks also have Picardy pics.

The entire current SOP population was salvaged from 2 bitches and 4 dogs I managed to purchase from old accounts, and a handful of old studs that can still be used, so it's been a challenge just getting them going!

The only colours at current SOP are red wheaten (most of which are ridgeless with black pigment), so I've been working with starter dogs to bring back wheaten, light wheaten, brown mask, brown pigment, and ridges. Honestly, I need more space for all the work Rhodesian Ridgebacks need!

I have a few puppies available now, all of which are finishable, with four more litters on the way (one later today, three on Friday). And a couple of bitches once said litters are born.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2019 4:45:13 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll take a look through and see what I like.
 halcyonlisa
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2019 5:26:35 PM reply with quote send message to halcyonlisa Object to Post

Skyfall I have Black and Tans, send me a message if you would like any

Lisa

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.