Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Looking for 2-3 more breeds, suggestions?
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/30/2019 11:48:16 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post   

I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a family account, so I am looking for a couple more breeds.

- Must have Picardy pics
- Either something relatively active and competitive or a start from scratch breed that has old studs available.
- I already have Amstaffs, Irish Wolfhounds, and Mudi

Open to suggestions again! I'll go through the ones that were brought up in my last post as well.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/30/2019 12:40:56 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Afghan Hounds, Dalmatians
 torokiseru
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2019 1:40:55 PM reply with quote send message to torokiseru Object to Post

I've got a few fun projects I'm working on in various kennels!

Start from scratch with old studs:
- Affenpinschers (there are several of us working on this one)
- Mudi

Color projects - these have at least one active breeder with higher SOP dogs but only one color left in the game
- Australian Terriers
- Bouvier
- Toy Fox Terriers

Let me know if you're interested, I might be able to spare a few dogs. Affenpinschers at least have a whole bunch available for sale already.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2019 2:29:24 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have Bichon Frise which is a start from scratch breed with old studs and a couple of slightly higher generation broods. Highest SOP is around 60 but there's a whole range of SOPs down to the 20s.

I'm downsizing my Bichon to make room for yet another rare breed (I have an addiction) so I have a lot of brood pups for sale if you wanted to give them a try. There is also another breeder who is quite active and willing to help.

The Bichon sales list for ease of purchase wink ;) :
showdog.com/dogsforsale/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Bichon+Frise

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/31/2019 2:29:43 PM
 Legendary Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 4:45:22 AM reply with quote send message to Legendary Dogs Object to Post

Toy Manchester terriers

The only other breeder is starting from scratch, unfortunately there are only about 5 non source dogs left in the breed (1 is still for sale). Sadly they are much older... I put the male up to stud and bred the females so there will be more soon before these guys go to the simulation version doggy heaven. Not a toy dog fan but someone spent time building these guys SOP up, It'd be a shame to lose it now.
 Mercury*
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 5:41:27 AM reply with quote send message to Mercury* Object to Post

posted by Legendary Dogs
Toy Manchester terriers

The only other breeder is starting from scratch, unfortunately there are only about 5 non source dogs left in the breed (1 is still for sale). Sadly they are much older... I put the male up to stud and bred the females so there will be more soon before these guys go to the simulation version doggy heaven. Not a toy dog fan but someone spent time building these guys SOP up, It'd be a shame to lose it now.

There are some studs in these kennels
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Dreamcoat
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Silver+Seal+Kennel

I am the one that you mentioned, and yes I am also trying to revive the breed.
 Legendary Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 7:12:37 AM reply with quote send message to Legendary Dogs Object to Post

Awesome! I'm still getting used to the layout again lol, when I searched I only found the one breeder. Thank you for not letting the breed die!
 Mercury*
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 7:22:45 AM reply with quote send message to Mercury* Object to Post

posted by BeauBlanc
I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a family account, so I am looking for a couple more breeds.

- Must have Picardy pics
- Either something relatively active and competitive or a start from scratch breed that has old studs available.
- I already have Amstaffs, Irish Wolfhounds, and Mudi

Open to suggestions again! I'll go through the ones that were brought up in my last post as well.

Getting back to the subject

Yes Manchester Toy Terriers do need some help

I am going to have some available later if you want to get into them

They will be half source and half "current"
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2019 10:26:14 AM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

Thanks for the suggestions! The toy breeds usually don't interest me but I am quite interested in Manchester Toys as well as Mini Pinschers.

I have now decided on:

BeauBlanc - to be decided
BeauNoir - American Staffordshire Terriers
BeauClair - Mudi
BeauLouve - Alaskan Malamute
CedarGrove - Dalmatian
CelticGlen - Irish Wolfhound & Irish Setters
CypressValley - to be decided
FoxGate - English Cockers & Field Spaniels
WillowGreen - Manchester Toys & Mini Pinscher
icefield - to be decided

I am interested in Afghan's and starting a color project in Ibizan hounds, if I am able to get the current breeder to put some studs up. That leaves two kennels still empty.
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2019 9:18:19 AM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Dobermans is losing its top two players.
A huge void and the ability to do well immediately.
Lots of dogs nearing 100.00 Sop so still ability to win with 99.90 and 99.95 dogs.
Plus when I leave (I am the second one leaving)
many dogs at 99.90 will be full grown and available for breeding and showing.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2019 12:36:31 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I am interested, let me figure out what I’ve got now and I’ll be in touch.

Apparently icefield is still a Briard rare breed even though they don’t exist anymore and I’m not getting the discount, so I can’t currently buy any dogs of a different breed. I’m waiting on Jeff to sort that out or I’ll have to switch out a kennel when I can (on the 26th).

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.