Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Hmmm...
 Whiskey Mac
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/25/2019 6:29:58 PM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Mac Object to Post   

Yesterday, I went to purchase some Dobermans for sale but noticed they had been purchased by another user, House of Hoyt. Today, both dogs were listed for sale by two users different than Hoyt - each one listed once as with approval, then without. I purchased both dogs because they have lots of potential (one is a now-pregnant bitch) , but...it all seems a little fishy.

Hoyt purchased several of my pups just a day or two ago, and I asked them if they were aware their account was named after a real Doberman breeder in the U.S. No response. Now, the pups they purchased from me are listed at $300 rather than the $100 I sold them for. I offered to purchase them back for the original $100 as I don’t want them to end up FH’d but... message opened, no response.

It seems very strange, and I know staff isn’t very active so I figured it would be better to warn other players of the strangeness than try to report the account. Just be aware, Doberman breeders!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2019 8:15:25 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Super weird. Even weirder is that it is a standard kennel. Maybe shoot the breeder a message to let them know someone is using their name so future people do not think that it is the same person as the real life breeder.
 Whiskey Mac
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2019 8:22:21 PM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Mac Object to Post

That was my thought as well! Maybe it’s just a kid with $5 and a Paypal account... who knows for sure, though?

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll send the breeder a message. House of Hoyt is more of a commercial breeder/puppy mill (no health testing, hundreds of dogs on the property at a time - when I was researching breeders for my own Dobie, I came across them) so I’m unsure if I’ll get a response. Doesn’t hurt to try, though!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2019 2:57:11 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I've never heard of them, but their name sounds cool. If I was the average Joe, I wouldn't think they were a commercial breeder. Oh well. Whatever happens will happen.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2019 1:20:25 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

What's even weirder is that is a real kennel with Dobermans. They're a puppymill and have been around since I was little.
In game dogs, I have no idea what's going on. They apparently got rid of all the dogs they bought from me. I may be putting restrictions on now. Not up for that crap in real life or a game. My last name is Hoy, not thrilled about Hoytt, just sayin lol.

-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 9/16/2019 1:27:16 AM

-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 9/16/2019 1:28:06 AM
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2019 1:21:31 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

I also emailed them and told them that about the real kennel and got a run around when they first popped up buying my dogs.
 Whiskey Mac
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2019 1:33:13 AM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Mac Object to Post

They purchased a Saluki bitch I was interested in and were very kind when I asked to work out a deal, but completely ignored me asking about their name. Strange, but not much to be done about it.

I did notice that they purchased a few of my pups and FH’d them within a day or two, though.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2019 2:43:56 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

If I put dogs up for sale (in all kennels) I almost always tick the approval required button. Saves a lot of future problems happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.