Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 36
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : What was the first dog you owned??
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/12/2007 2:29:02 AM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post   

I was thinking the other day about the dogs that I've owned, the first dog that I remember was a bull terrer named Jack, who was hit by a semi-trailer when I was 2 years old, but I only vaugely remember him. The first dog we had that I actualy remember was a little mongrel pup we got as a give-away named tigger, who was put down when he was five months old after he became ill.
Next we got a black BullmastiffX bull arab/great dane pup named Cuba, he was without a dout the sookiest dog I have ever met, and we had him untill March this year when he was put down, we were moving and we left him with friend till we could afford to have him brought over, apparently he turned so vicious that no-one could feed him and he was destroyed, he was nearly 7.
When Cuba was 2 we got my dog Digger, a Dingo X smithfeild red who we got as a give-away at a market....
Sorry got to go
Continue soonest
 Z Z Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2007 2:46:51 AM reply with quote send message to Z Z Kennels Object to Post

My first dog was a Sheltie named Jack. My parents got a divorce and Jack went with my dad. He passed away about four years ago at the age of 12 years. My dad now has Jack Jr. who is also a Sheltie.

My second dog was a liver spotted Dalmation named Chip. We got him from a horriable breeder and found out he had all kinds of issues. Being deaf was one of them.

My second was a Beagle X that was stolen out of our yard. I could swear that I saw some kid walking her down the street shortly after but never again sad :(

My third was an older rescue Boxer X that after having him for three years passed on at the age of around seven years.

My fourth was a black Lab X that we rescued. She came down with Parvo shortly after and after a three week battle, decided she had enough.

My fifth was a 120 lb Rottie named Cali. She was my boyfriends dog when I moved in with him. She passed away two years ago at the age of eight.

My sixth and seventh dogs are Zoey and Zander. They are both two year old Teddy Roosevelt Terriers and I'm expecting them to live for many years to come.

Wow....this is a long post. Sorry sad :(
 Pine Tree Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2007 7:40:56 AM reply with quote send message to Pine Tree Kennels Object to Post

My first dog was a terrier mix named Rascal we got him when I was 2 and he died when I was 6 just before we moved because someone let him off his leash and he got poisoned.

Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2007 8:54:33 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Continuing...
Digger is now 5 years old and is one of the most wonderfull dogs I have met, he loves animals, no matter what sort, goats, cats, dogs, chooks, ducks, geese, lizzards, birds, frogs etc, though he's not sure what to do with horses and cattle. He loves children and is gentle with them even while he's dancing with joy that their patting him; but he is a perfect guard dog, he can bluf anybody into thinking that he will go for the throat. He has a weird howl-bark that he does that sends a chill down your spine, a sort of Barr-ooo-ooooo-oo-oooo! People who came to the bush block we lived on would run for their cars! laugh :D lol!! But he never actualy goes anyware near them, he only comes over to you if he likes you, and he's a very good judge of character.
He looks just like a dingo and he has decided that I am his human to protect, from other people and myself, he gets very worried when I do "strange things" like skip, dance or act silly!lol! He lets everyone else do the same, but not me. He will only obey me or my mum, and I know that meas that he sees himself as higher up in the pack than them, but he will do anything that I want, from herding and guarding to walking at heel off the lead and doing agility.
You can tell I love him by how much I've talked about him, and doesn't everyone love their dog and think them the best?
The yopungest of our dogs is a little grey bridle bull arab bitch, named Dustee. She is about as big as a large bull terrier, but she is an electro charged cannon-ball who looks like a small whirlwind, stops on a dime, goes faster than a speeding bullet, and feels like a speeding freight train if you happen to get in her way.
Hyperactive and a complete "sweet pea" "shugar pie" and "Dustee Darling" (mum's words) she is everyones friend (although at top speed she should be classed as public enemy #1) she will be 4 years old this christmas.
Well those are the dogs I have lived with, I am looking to get a pure-bred Dingo someday and I would love to own a great dane or Irish wolfhound someday.
Adios mi amigos
Bianca
 Ross Wood Setters
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2007 5:26:32 PM reply with quote send message to Ross Wood Setters Object to Post

My First dog was an English setter he had a wonderful life. He was born deaf so he couldn't hear us but he always was happy that didint stop him he love phesant hunting he was good practicing on those rabbits. We recatly had to put him to sleep about 2 years ago. I miss my beautiful boy Patches.
 Rascalee
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2007 2:59:19 AM reply with quote send message to Rascalee Object to Post

My First Dog was a Jack Russell and now I have 5! Aren't dogs Great laugh :D you can see my jacks @ www.freewebs.com/rascaleejrts This site is so cool having virtual dogs!
Tara
 LagottoDreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2007 4:25:20 AM reply with quote send message to LagottoDreams Object to Post

My first dog was a rescue we thought she was a mongrel. we had her for 14 years. Turns out she wasn't a mongrel after all, she was pure bred. So 23yrs on I have finally bought more of the same breed. Belgian Shepherds. In the mean time I have owned 3 rotties and pit bull
 alfadais
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2007 4:47:49 AM reply with quote send message to alfadais Object to Post

Mine was a Beagle,thats all i've ever owned lol !!
 doggy_hevan
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2007 5:49:43 AM reply with quote send message to doggy_hevan Object to Post

My dog Saffron (Saffy) was my first dog and is still goinghappy :) She is a German Shepherd Kelpie X (cross) and has a heart of gold...Though I will admit she chews up her tennis balls to quicklywink ;)

Jem @ Doggy_H
 Achikura
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2007 6:32:27 PM reply with quote send message to Achikura Object to Post

Wow these are some sad stories sad :(.... Anyways....
My First Puppy By: Achikura ((So far it sounds like an essay YUCK!!!))

My first puppies name was Brownie. She was a Brussels Griffon a pure bred Brussels Griffon exactly $957 originally $1200.((Oh boy! My first puppy was expensive! XD )) We found her at petland when she was exactly 4 months old. My dad said we couldn`t keep her.((We got her without my dads promission!lol)) He fainally said yes after I screamed and cried and told my mom I hated him.((Yes I was mean and still am!GRRR just kidding!lol)) We have had 1 moth and 3 weeks and she is my baby!

THE END!!!!
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 1:26:06 AM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

Don't worry about the tennis balls Jem, my Mums dog Dustee does the same laugh :D
She can absolutaly shred a tennis ball in under fifteen minuites. whew! I'm glad she's friendly!LOL!!!
Glad so many people have posted happy :)
I am trying to con my mum into letting me addopt a dog from the dog rescue at the moment, I've spotted several that are gorgeous. The one I have my eye on at the moment is a 7 year old alsatian X border collie named Rocky, he sounds like such a beautiful big boy. But I'll have to wait to convince my mum that it's a good idea. wink :)
have fun everybody!!
Best regards
Bianca
 Dogfather Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 1:34:14 AM reply with quote send message to Dogfather Kennels Object to Post

When I was a kid we had a brittany named Fred, a GSD named Nikki, and more britts after Fred died named Gigi, Rip, and Rusty, (my dad was a pheasant hunter) and a Rottie/GSD mix named Pudgy.

Since I've been married we've only had my black lab and GSD, Flower and Sarge (my six year old step daughter named the lab after watching Bambi and my GSD is a police dog drop out)

Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 2:22:56 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

ive had 9 dogs, but my 6th and 9th were my favs.

my 6th dog was a total coincidence and by far one of the best dogs i ever owned. at the time i was obsessed with dobermans and while i met our landlord the first question to come out of my mouth was "are dogs allowed?!". The man said no, but then he looked at me and said unless you will take my dog, shes very quiet and a good dog, i just was hoping for a dog a little more... protective. i asked what kind of dog it was and he said a fawn doberman and i was sold. i begged and pleaded my mom to atleast see her. the next day he brought her over, my mom went and bought a bed for her and laid it in the corner. Open the door and here comes this deer like dog with these big brown eyes and hardly any hair on her body. she ran inside, spotted the bed in the corner and made a bee-line for it, flopping down and staring at everyone very timidly. and he was right. if he wanted a protective dog, this wasnt the dog for him. it took us 2 years to ever hear her bark, and when she did i nearly had a heart attack. at first she wouldnt enter the kitchen, th bedrooms, or venture upstairs. she was already house broken and EXTREMELY intelligent, learning sit in one day and heel in a weeks worth of walks. her coat improved gradually with omega-3 pills but the coat on her body wasnt anything like the patch of fur on top of her head. it was like velvet. you could just sit there feeling it all day. she had hardly no tail, just this half inch stub and her ears werent cropped right, they laid like a grey-hound and only perked up if we walked by the lake. i remember one time when i let her off-leash by the lake when the reeds were nice and tall she went running up and down and up and down the shoreline, like always. Her ears were up and she was glaring at the reeds, when she made a point. She pointed! She lifted her paw and this deer of a dog that slightly resembled a very small doberman pointed like a setter. We kept her up untill recently July 24 would have been her 3 year with us, but our apartment wouldnt allot dogs over 30 lbs, and laila was 62. So she is now with a vet technician.

My last dog was Captain the collie. im sure many of you have heard of him at one point or another. I got him from Dale and Roxann of Timeless collies as a show prospect. He was a smooth sable and was built like a horse. he had the half pricked ears and the long face and these brown eyes that would just stare at you and stare at you like you were the only thing in the world. He was a good showdog. His second time in the ring, both of ours for that matter, he took RWD at a specialty under a 4pt major, even after choking on a treat and proceding to spit it up on the floor. He had this absolute gorgeous gait that would reach for miles. He absolutelt adored Laila, though she HATED him, and Gatsby, my sisters shih-tzu we had at the time, they were partners in crime. He would do absolutely anything to play in the backyard. And if you were sitting and watching tv he would come over and lay his head in your lap and watch you, or he would lay down on your feet. if you got up and went to the kitchen he would follow you. If you went to the bathroom he would sit there in front of the door. But then we moved from a house to our apartment and then the 30 lb rule kicked in and Cap went back to Dale and Roxann.

God. i cant wait to get to a point in my life where i can have dogs again. because you know there will always be a collie and a doberman laying on my bed whenever its possible.

very long post. got carried away. :]
 Maeghans Giant Beauties
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 2:26:05 AM reply with quote send message to Maeghans Giant Beauties Object to Post

me. long post. timed out. :]
 doggy_hevan
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 5:44:00 AM reply with quote send message to doggy_hevan Object to Post

posted by Arkadian Utopia
Don't worry about the tennis balls Jem, my Mums dog Dustee does the same laugh :D
She can absolutaly shred a tennis ball in under fifteen minuites. whew! I'm glad she's friendly!LOL!!!

Phew, I am not the only one! There should be a specialty in dog showing "Who can shred the tennis ball the fastest?" lol.

Jem @ Doggy_H
 Happy_Hound_Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 8:42:45 AM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hound_Kennel Object to Post

The first one I remember owning was Rascal, a black and tan Chihuahua. One day my aunt came over with her black dog, and my brother went to walk the two dogs. My aunt didnt have a leash for her dog, I remember it had broke somehow, and my brother used Rascal's leash for her. Rascal ended up getting run over.

wink ;) HHK wink ;)
 golden tlc kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2007 8:45:43 AM reply with quote send message to golden tlc kennel Object to Post

i honestly dont remember. we have had so many dogs....i dont know! but right know all i want to think about is my pitbull and our great dane puppy we are getting the 12th!
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2007 4:13:21 AM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

"There should be a specialty in dog showing "Who can shred the tennis ball the fastest?" lol."

Yeah Jem
I had to give my dog Digger a wash this morning, I came out wetter than him and I am still trying to get all the dog hair off me (he's shedding, lucky me)
He kept looking at me as if I was being SO mean, it was pathetic, but sort of cute, I suppose.
I also have a shopping bag full of hair, since I thought I'd brush him first, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. He's a short-hair for crying out loud! LOL!

Keep posting guys!!
Bianca
 BrokenLineLovers
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2007 5:15:15 PM reply with quote send message to BrokenLineLovers Object to Post

My first dog was a pit bull named Marlo. He basically grew up with me and died three years ago at 13 years old.
My current dogs are three pit bulls and an amstaff. They're just pets at the moment, but I'm looking into weight pulling with them.
 Boder collie kennal
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2007 5:45:31 PM reply with quote send message to Boder collie kennal Object to Post

I owended A dog Named Sammy she was a chiwawa/pug
 Gladiators
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2007 9:48:30 PM reply with quote send message to Gladiators Object to Post

I dont know the breed because I was so young, but his name was Deefa (have no idea where that name came from). He was smallish, white with brown splotches. He ran away sad :(, I was sad becuase we had an outside toilet and I felt safer going to the toilet when he was outside laugh :D lol

Replies in this thread : 36
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.