Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 54
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

SongBrook Kuvasz
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 3:36:07 PM reply with quote send message to SongBrook Kuvasz Object to Post

Australian Kelpie

Then

Now

Wikimedia commons

happy :)
-SongBrook
 SongBrook Kuvasz
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 3:39:04 PM reply with quote send message to SongBrook Kuvasz Object to Post

Scottish Deerhound

Then

Now

Wikimedia commons

happy :)
-SongBrook
 SilverHope
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 4:17:01 PM reply with quote send message to SilverHope Object to Post

Was linked to this video on Facebook, thought it was neat. I am not posting it to start a debate, fight or anything else...Shepherds seem to be a touchy subject. I just simply thought it was a neat video!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRU8UdMnssU
 Liddo Dipper Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 4:46:09 PM reply with quote send message to Liddo Dipper Kennels Object to Post

This might be a little off-topic, but this discussion reminded me.
Has anyone seen "and Man Created Dog" on National Geographic, yet?
 SongBrook Kuvasz
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 4:54:26 PM reply with quote send message to SongBrook Kuvasz Object to Post

I saw it and it was very good. Very interesting and fun to watch happy :)

-SongBrook
 Rhodie
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 5:50:01 PM reply with quote send message to Rhodie Object to Post

posted by SS Tuff Dog
posted by SongBrook Kuvasz
Shetland Sheepdog

e from 1915

-SongBrook

Me WANT! I wonder how big it was? S/He is adorable.

I BELIEVE that is Zest, a sable and white bitch from the Shetland Islands. She was considered to be the best Sheltie seen up to that time. The ideal size back then was 12" so I think it's a safe bet to say she was around that size. happy :)
 Liddo Dipper Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2010 6:02:08 PM reply with quote send message to Liddo Dipper Kennels Object to Post

posted by SongBrook Kuvasz
I saw it and it was very good. Very interesting and fun to watch happy :)

-SongBrook

I really want to see it! I'm glad to hear it wasn't disappointing.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2010 12:06:36 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

I just want to mention that the former example on the Curly-Coated Retriever was poorly chosen.
In one of the world wars the breed was almost totally wiped out. There was a kennel that not only had Curlies but also had Airedales in that time frame. That dog is VERY sculpted and has hair where Curlies do not grow hair ( and didn't back then ) and more than likely had a LOT of Airedale in it.
Being in the breed since 1981, I have quite a few books with Curlies in them. One was put out by a gentleman in England who compilied photos and pedigrees of Champion Curlies from the 1800's on up to about 10 or so years ago. That photo is for sure in there, but there are a lot of even older photos that show that the breed has really not changed much over the years.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2010 1:05:44 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by Steph
I just want to mention that the former example on the Curly-Coated Retriever was poorly chosen.
In one of the world wars the breed was almost totally wiped out. There was a kennel that not only had Curlies but also had Airedales in that time frame. That dog is VERY sculpted and has hair where Curlies do not grow hair ( and didn't back then ) and more than likely had a LOT of Airedale in it.
Being in the breed since 1981, I have quite a few books with Curlies in them. One was put out by a gentleman in England who compilied photos and pedigrees of Champion Curlies from the 1800's on up to about 10 or so years ago. That photo is for sure in there, but there are a lot of even older photos that show that the breed has really not changed much over the years.

I think the head loooks like an airedales head also :/
 House of Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2010 12:17:27 PM reply with quote send message to House of Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Right, this is very interesting.

Here is the link to the past photos of Chinese Shar-Pei on the Hong Kong Chinese Shar-Pei Club website.

www.sharpeiclubhk.com/hist.html

Horsecoat Shar-Pei Today

Brushcoats Today

As you can see the Horse Coat variety kept close to the original look of the breed whereas the brush coats bred out a little differently.

Sources: Hong Kong Kennel Club (link), WikiCommons, My Own Photos
 SongBrook Kuvasz
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2010 4:43:07 PM reply with quote send message to SongBrook Kuvasz Object to Post

posted by Steph

I'm sorry it wasn't chosen because of those certain things I only posted it because I found the pic from 1915.
 Schön Vertrauen
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2010 7:34:28 PM reply with quote send message to Schön Vertrauen Object to Post

bump
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2010 3:19:41 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Great Dane

Pic from www.about-great-danes.com/history-of-great-dane.html

www.claudiabohemica.cz/nem/psi/flytsuccess.htm

Both acceptable males during their time, from the same region.
 TakeMeAway
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 12:47:55 PM reply with quote send message to TakeMeAway Object to Post

Giant Snouser

(not my pictures)
Then (roy the giant. most brts can be traced back to him)

Now

Replies in this thread : 54
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.