Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Tack Boxes
 Lieuline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/2/2010 12:13:31 AM reply with quote send message to Lieuline Object to Post   

Hey everyone... I am pretty much a lurker on this forum but I need help happy :)

I want to purchase an aluminum tack box but Im not sure who makes them anymore? I love the d-flite ones but their website is somewhat outdated and I'm not sure if they're even manufactured anymore. East coast crates are out of my budget (looking for something in the $100-&150 range). There aren't any used ones on dogshowstuff so I am considering buying new.

Mighty Dog gear makes some that are close to what I have in mind but was wondering if anyone knew of some secret source the internet isn't sharing?

Thanks happy :)
 Tresor
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 12:20:14 AM reply with quote send message to Tresor Object to Post

www.3cdog.com/index.php?cPath=88&osCsid=de258b50a3594625564b9bced1823329

This is the place I found my D-flite. D-flite is not making tack boxes, but an employee still is. At least thats what I have been told. They are the same quality and styles, Just harder to find.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 12:23:55 AM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was recently looking into tack boxes myself and someone suggested I check out tackle boxes at Cabelas. As in, fishing tackle, haha. I never did check it out because I ended up buying a small tack bag online (suits my rather limited tack needs for now), but maybe they have something that would work for you?

This could be a completely useless suggestion - I've never had a really nice tack box before, and rereading the post, I think you may be looking for something more specific than I realized!
 Lieuline
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 12:27:23 AM reply with quote send message to Lieuline Object to Post

Thanks Tresor I will definitely check that out happy :)

Yeah I have finally outgrown my small electrical bag... grooming stuff seems to accumulate fast! and I only have 2 dogs haha
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 1:32:22 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

I bought a small plastic tool box. Don't need too much for Pembrokes! Even fit my shoes in it.
 Elk Creek Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 2:27:49 AM reply with quote send message to Elk Creek Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'd try petedge.com or ryan's pet supply for your tack box. My mom has one that she uses for shows and it's great. They're not that much and would fit in your budget. What I use is a canvas tote that came from true value hardware that was made for garden tools. It has tons of pockets for all my stuff that I use on my Irish Setters when I go to shows. Also you could try a craft store, they have so many different scrapbooking totes that work great for dog stuff. I hope this helps happy :) Danielle @ ElkCreek
 Grandiose
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2010 9:25:31 AM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post

You can still get D-Flites from Cherrybrook and most of the other show suppliers. I love mine!
East coast I have heard bad things about their order delivery time, but have never ordered from them myself, so who knows.
The "metro" tack boxes are getting popular at shows, you can find them anywhere, cheap, and abundant. Try EBay, Pet Edge, and most of the show suppliers as well.
Good luck with your search for the right box for you. Everyone is unique in what they like and what works for them , you just have to know what YOU want out of a box.
 Cordero
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 9:53:38 AM reply with quote send message to Cordero Object to Post

We had a Metro tack box that we won as a prize at a specialty... it lasted all of about 6 weekends before it started to fall about.

I much prefer my D-Flite... the only complaint I have is that the handle broke and I've never been able to replace it. I just use a thick grooming noose as a handle (have it looped through the metal connectors that the original handle was attached to).

My mom bought a tack box from a vendor at a show years ago - very similar to the D-Flite, but lighter weight... and colored happy :) Not sure who it was, though.
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
12/3/2010 10:27:42 AM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

You can try joining the yahoo group "Dogshow stuff". Lots of people selling tack boxes on there CHEAP.
 Lieuline
Basic User

Basic User
12/4/2010 1:00:12 PM reply with quote send message to Lieuline Object to Post

Thanks for all the suggestions happy :) I ended up purchasing a D-Flite one from 3-C today! yay!

I love DogShowStuff but there aren't any tack boxes listed for sale right now
 SugarCrkKennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2016 6:30:29 AM reply with quote send message to SugarCrkKennels Object to Post

If you still need a tack box we have an Airborne full of leads combs brushes etc. also have a large wire fold own crate and grooming table and arm
 Kaliz
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2016 7:41:39 AM reply with quote send message to Kaliz Object to Post

For future reference for anyone else looking for "Dog Show Stuff" there are also a couple of groups on Facebook where you can buy and sell new and used dog show stuff.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.