.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Stay safe guys!
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/9/2011 12:12:09 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post   

The riots are gross. I've been on the bbc website all day. I feel physically sick. I hope everyone stays safe and isn't effected by the sickening behaviour.

A very shocked,
Emma
 Apparatus
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 12:22:28 PM reply with quote send message to Apparatus Object to Post

wait whats going on?
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 12:31:27 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Riots all over the country, buildings being burnt down. People being hurt. There's a video of a boy who was obviously injured and bleeding, who was "helped" by rioters who just turned around and robbed him while he was defenceless. I'm disgusted.

Emma
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 12:51:29 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

How sad. sad :( that does make me feel alittle sick and I'm not even in the UK.

Brenna
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 2:34:13 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

So far it's not as bad tonight. But my family are on the watch, one of the two towns we're based between is next on the hit list. So we're packed up and ready to jump in the car as necessary.

Something like 111 police injured and 5 police dogs.

Emma
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2011 2:47:32 PM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

Emma, how do you know which towns are on the hit list? You can PM me if you want because there's talk that my town might be hit, but no one's sure. Its absolutley disgusting what these people are doing. It has nothing to do with the protest, its just mindless oppertunistic violence and vandalism. The really scary thing is I know a few people who were affected by riots and my dad works less than a two minute walk away from the shooting in totenham.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 3:03:24 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

bryer: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14436499 thats the best place to find info from the bbc. Other than that I suggest staying on facebook & twitter.

The town near me I heard about through facebook, I cleared up the information about it through twitter. Keeping the news on with one person watching it is also a good idea.

If you need help looking for info I can suggest a couple facebook groups.

I hope your whole family is safe, these riots are NOT leaving a good message for the rest of the world about the UK especially with the Olympics next year. Purely stupid and mindless. I haven't been near (nor have any of my friends or family) any places on the hit list as of yet. However a town near me is rumoured to be "next". Me and my mum are convinced if they don't get it tonight they will tomorrow.

So far the places to avoid tonight are Manchester and Wolverhampton, the West Midlands aren't too good but they're under control for now.

Emma

ETA: most of the riots are caused by people under the age of 25 - 13/12. Mostly male. If you see young people walking around in any sized group might be a good idea to let the police know so it doesn't get outta hand.

ETAA: Canning Town is also not a good place to be atm.

ETAAA: One of the rioters caught was 11!
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 3:32:28 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

All over! Looters, rioters and the burning and what not. One of my trainings had to be cancelled today because of this. Terrible things just terrible.

We have a fear of being hit today :/ terrible! But hopefully it would be no where near us because we live about 10 minutes away from a retail park by car. Lucky!

One of my relatives' towns has been hit but I pretty sure they are ok. I'm going to call them while this disasters plague spreads upwards.

The BBC was strongly promoting to keep children indoors. Heard it about 100 times now from them just from last night!

Pretty glad David Cameron is back. Finally. Maybe it wouldn't have spread so violently if he and the major returned earlier! But now that back, that's the only things that matters.

ETA: They had just hit centre of my city!
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2011 1:42:00 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

All I want to know, why is there riots? What was the cause?...

I don'nt live in the UK. But I'm a curious American.

Natalie.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2011 1:54:44 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

Its not really an excuse to go looting & killing/injuring more innocent people. But there was an incident in which a man died, its suspected that the police shot without reason. Although this is highly up to debate because the man who was shot by the police WAS armed with a gun so therefore was possibly a danger to the police. The rioters are justifying their actions as showing the government and "the rich people" that they can do whatever they want. The riots have killed at least 3 people, injured more and ruined buissenesses and therefore lives. There is absoulutely no justifying their actions in my opinion.

Emma
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2011 1:56:06 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

posted by dogloverxx
All over! Looters, rioters and the burning and what not. One of my trainings had to be cancelled today because of this. Terrible things just terrible.

We have a fear of being hit today :/ terrible! But hopefully it would be no where near us because we live about 10 minutes away from a retail park by car. Lucky!

One of my relatives' towns has been hit but I pretty sure they are ok. I'm going to call them while this disasters plague spreads upwards.

The BBC was strongly promoting to keep children indoors. Heard it about 100 times now from them just from last night!

Pretty glad David Cameron is back. Finally. Maybe it wouldn't have spread so violently if he and the major returned earlier! But now that back, that's the only things that matters.

ETA: They had just hit centre of my city!

OH!! I hope you stay safe. Let us know how it plays out!

Emma
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2011 2:12:03 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Emma good news! Lucky it was just greater Manchester and a retail park near me nothing big; wasn't attacked. But this morning it chilled off a bit and people are now clearing up the massive shopping square. Its huge and can't believe they attacked a such huge place with like 1000+ shops or so! They even set a few of them on fire.

Hows your place doing?
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2011 2:20:37 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

posted by Pearl City

Natalie.

I think the mass public spending cuts had a role to do with it. Most poor people are loosing out here so some want to seize this opportunity to restore a bit of their benefits so looting shops and ransacking rich homes.

Some people used a police shooting a person in a stolen car (presumably thought the guy was going to open fire but there is a investigation going on) as an excuse to riot and loot. I bet most rioters don't even know this guy in person.

Personally I think it's mainly just these thug gangs looting just for some 'freebies' I think some small businesses wont be able to recover from these looting especially if their big investments are *poof* gone free to some looter.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2011 4:22:33 AM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

posted by dogloverxx
Emma good news! Lucky it was just greater Manchester and a retail park near me nothing big; wasn't attacked. But this morning it chilled off a bit and people are now clearing up the massive shopping square. Its huge and can't believe they attacked a such huge place with like 1000+ shops or so! They even set a few of them on fire.

Hows your place doing?

Yeah the police wouldnt let them into Manchester city. You're very lucky!!

Emma
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2011 2:53:20 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Did you watch panorama today? It was about the Riots. Its summarised the Riots and as usual looked at everyone's perspective.

I don't think anyone as come up with a reason why Mark was even shot in the first place.
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2011 6:20:44 PM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

I heard about this, a 144-year-old building that was a landmark was burnt down by rioters last week. I think it was called the House of Reeves? I don't know much about what happened but I do know that since it opend, there have been 5 generations of the family working there. It is really awful what has been happening...

sad :(GPK
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2011 6:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

posted by Pearl City

Natalie.

Apparently people are mad because the government is making cuts to social programs. I am so sick of these rioters. They are making such a bad influence on the younger kids that are doing it with them!

GPK
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2011 11:57:36 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Yes your correct GPK they did indeed burn down a land mark. Its terrible what these riots do. The also made a bad influence to the world especially with the Olympics next year.
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2011 12:05:56 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

Yep sorry doglover i didn't see your post about parathingy i didnt watch it, sounds informative though.

Yep they had no reason to do what they did. Protesting fair enough, killing & hurting INNOCENT people. Not right in ANY way.

Did any of you guys see the interview with 2 rioters on the news? It made me want to laugh at the lack of point.

Emma
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2011 3:45:27 PM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

I just wish that they would stop! I didn't think there would still be a lot of rioting going on, but there still is. It makes me feel sick every time I turn on the t.v. and hear a new story about the rioting. sad :(

GPK
 Black Veil Brides
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2011 5:12:33 PM reply with quote send message to Black Veil Brides Object to Post

:/ some people just aren't nice.

Emma

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.