Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Rap City Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2012 12:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to Rap City Kennels Object to Post

I feel as though you asked for constructive criticism but you were not ready to receive any kind of criticism. I hope you don't get upset with me but I do agree with Lilliput. The publication is called SD Fever and as such I feel that all of the articles should be about showdog.com. If some writers have that much trouble coming up with what to write about showdog.com maybe they are not creative enough to be writers for the publication. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but my whole life I have spoken my mind and been honest to a fault.
 Castello di Malta
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2012 11:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Castello di Malta Object to Post

I don't know what is expected of a free publication run by volunteers, but I think you have done a good job so far and I am sure you will only get better with time and feedback.

I think the publication is a good effort. There were the things like who is the article speaking about or with, but those are an easy fix.

Thanks for doing this!
 Zephyr Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2012 11:33:25 PM reply with quote send message to Zephyr Mountain Object to Post

posted by Lilliput

One other big thing- for the Kudos award article, Tips From the Pros, and Breeder of the Month, it doesn't say who the recipient is clearly anywhere on the page. In tiny type at the bottom it thanks so and so for answering, but still doesn't clearly ID them as "Kuods award winner" or this months Pro etc. I think that should be the FIRST thing the article lists.

For dog of the month, it never tells me what breed this dog is. I have to get a few questions in before I find out it is a Pembroke, and only because the owner mentions it in their answer.

This is my biggest complaint....please tells us up front who is being interveiwed/spotlighted an so on.

happy :)

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2012 5:58:49 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Rap City Kennels
I feel as though you asked for constructive criticism but you were not ready to receive any kind of criticism. I hope you don't get upset with me but I do agree with Lilliput. The publication is called SD Fever and as such I feel that all of the articles should be about showdog.com. If some writers have that much trouble coming up with what to write about showdog.com maybe they are not creative enough to be writers for the publication. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but my whole life I have spoken my mind and been honest to a fault.
We are keeping the SD Fever Featured Articles the same. I will NOT change how they once were before and are now. I know all of them will leave if I change this, since one of the writers doesnt even play showdog anymore.

I know several kennels rather enjoy the Featured Articles, so I'm keeping them for them. If YOU do not like them then simply don't read them. I'm sorry. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.