Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : January Fever Challenge
 Analeyn
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/17/2012 2:22:32 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Following the festive season, as the forthcoming year looms upon us, we all tend to reflect back upon our journey throughout the last 12 months.
Hence, some of us tend to forget the importance of looking forward to the next chapter of our lives which comes hand in hand with the new year.
For the January SD Fever Edition I challenge you all to take part in forming new years resolutions for your kennel.
Take the year which has preceded, and use this as an opportunity to decide the next stage in your kennel's development and progress within the game.

Post your own resolution on this thread. Whatever you may decide to focus upon, share it with the rest of the SD community!
I will choose a handful of particularly motivational resolutions to be published in the Jan. Fever.

I'll start:

My resolution for "Analeyn" in 2013 is to endeavor to succeed a kennel ranking within the top 10. I will also aim to evoke a greater sense of community within each of my breeds, through relationships with other kennels and the encouragement of new breeders.

I've added my own resolution to my notes, so that I may remind myself of my overall goal.

What is your 2013 resolution? If you haven't thought of creating one yet, then I challenge you to do so!

"Opportunity favors the prepared mind."

Analeyn

Remember, a goal broken is an opportunity lost. Make your resolution achievable and practical wink ;)
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2012 6:09:37 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

This is a wonderful idea Analeyn!
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2012 3:14:14 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Thankyou. I do hope that it catches on wink ;)

Analeyn
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2012 4:04:59 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

No takers?

Analeyn
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2012 1:17:51 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I do...sorry got busy...

Nice idea...I've got my RL resolutions, but could sure use some SD ones as well.

I want to learn the ends and outs of showing, so when I'm upgraded (or begin sessioing/finishing again), I can go down the list and know each dog to enter under which judge(s). Gotta learn those judge preferences toowink ;).

I also need to get more involved with the breeds I chose for when I'm upgraded, Dachshunds (main breed) and Scottish Terriers (extra breed): Get in touch with the breeders, learn what is quality and what is not (although I do know some about both). For Scotties, I’ll be breeding brindle colors, and there’s really only one other breeder who breeds them, so I need to approach them about breeding brindles. Doxies have more to them: both raising the LH SOP and color breeding (separate projects), so I need to get to contact the LH breeders and hear what they have to say about both projects.

Since I’m Webmaster/Editor-In-Chief of
The SD Banner Maker , and so far, we have NOT gotten a issue out early, or even on time, I’m going to be more strict with my staffers…I told you it was coming guys!

Alexandria of Laffy-Taffy Kennels
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2012 1:51:24 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Great resolution happy :) I wish you luck with completing it.

Analeyn
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
12/25/2012 8:20:32 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Good resolutions, Alexandria!!! I really should learn more about judges, too. happy :)

My resolutions are:
1. Work on getting my SD Fever and SD BannerMaker articles in earlier...I almost always get them in on time, but I usually come within a couple days of the deadline...I'm going to work to get them in at least a week before the deadline.

2. Getting into the Top 100 of Kennel Prestige...I'm at 109 right now (the highest I've ever been!), and I'm going to work extra hard to move up a few places!

Lucky
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2012 3:17:19 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Thanks. Those are very achievable & practical goals, and I wish you all the best in completing them happy :)

Analeyn

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.