Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Canaan Dogs Need Help
 HighPoint Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/23/2013 9:54:41 PM reply with quote send message to HighPoint Kennel Object to Post   

All the other breeders have left this breed or are in the process of it. It is now only me and another person that has a basic kennel. That's it. I am working on improving sop and colors in my one kennel. I had one of my dogs win BIS a few weeks back. Please consider helping
 saimgee123
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2013 7:25:31 AM reply with quote send message to saimgee123 Object to Post

I don't know about the Cannon dogs because i was never see a Cannon dog breed so i can't help. If you have a question about other breeds then you can ask.
 techsanne
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2013 7:29:42 AM reply with quote send message to techsanne Object to Post

posted by HighPoint Kennel
All the other breeders have left this breed or are in the process of it. It is now only me and another person that has a basic kennel. That's it. I am working on improving sop and colors in my one kennel. I had one of my dogs win BIS a few weeks back. Please consider helping

I want to get a Canaan dog but I am finding it impossible to find any for sale. Do you know of any for sale? It is really hard to expand the kennels when you can't find any of these dogs for sale!
 techsanne
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2013 7:29:48 AM reply with quote send message to techsanne Object to Post

posted by HighPoint Kennel

I want to get a Canaan dog but I am finding it impossible to find any for sale. Do you know of any for sale? It is really hard to expand the kennels when you can't find any of these dogs for sale!
 njpetservicesdirectory
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2013 4:24:55 AM reply with quote send message to njpetservicesdirectory Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

would anyone here help me to give some detail about canaan dogs?

-----
Last edited by njpetservicesdirectory on 7/22/2013 4:25:17 AM
 Sundry Fields
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2013 12:34:54 PM reply with quote send message to Sundry Fields Object to Post

This breed needs a lot of help going forward. We are basically down to a handful of colors and a relative inbred line of dogs. All of the dogs are related either distantly or closely... not much help and room for improvement either way.

I have quite a few dogs up for sale. Yes, I know they are closely inbred, I was trying to solidify a few traits. If not my dogs, please still consider taking on this breed to help them out.
 Redeemed
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2013 8:32:03 PM reply with quote send message to Redeemed Object to Post

I'd be interested in helping out. If you could PM me some dogs to start out with, I'd be appreciative.

-Red
 archyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2013 6:56:21 PM reply with quote send message to archyn Object to Post

i,ve recently bred my caanaan girl "mid sit back and dream to hpk trouble"the puppies are due approx 21/8/2013
 Kajat Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/21/2014 11:57:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kajat Kennels Object to Post

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post that I've started breeding this breed. I've been watching for any for sale but haven't seen any so decided to use my starter dogs to see if I could start breeding in some new colours. They've got a massive colour range and have largish litters, so should be pretty interesting. As far as I can tell there's only one other serious breeder left! If anyone reading this is looking for a new breed to help out, give some consideration to the Canaan!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.