Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

MagicWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 5:02:15 AM reply with quote send message to MagicWolf Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I posted this earlier and it was deleted (assuming that means it was addressed) but it does not seem to be addressed. On the main kennel page, I miss how when you went there you could tell at a glance how many sessions you had, if you had any new messages, and if you had any new show results. Now you have to click the links for each of these things to check. For sessions, it does show [12] but only AFTER you've already clicked the session link and then gone back to the kennel page. Which is useless at that point because I already had to go in and look so I know how I many I have. It would be better if it all showed up when you first go to the page so you get alerted if you need to click the links to see new information. These are the 'Sessions', 'My Results', and 'Inbox' links in the my kennel page.

-----
Last edited by MagicWolf on 6/30/2013 5:04:24 AM
 Studio Dogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 12:16:34 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

posted by Amberline
I'm getting more familiar with the new layout and the only thing I really dislike is the breeding. I find the layout extremely unhelpful compared to the old layout.
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=375217

I tried to visually make it... Is that right?
 PPvallhunds
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 3:24:26 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

don't know if its been mentioned yet, but when on my entrys page, if I click the name of the handler (trying to go to the handler ranking list) it just comes up with an error.
 Shutterfox
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 5:11:56 PM reply with quote send message to Shutterfox Object to Post

^^ This also ^^

Forgot to mention that I cannot find the handler list anywhere.

Hate to keep stacking up complaints, but I am also missing where to view my kennel as other members see it. I know I can preview my kennel slogan on the page to change it, but I'd also like the option to see my entire page how other users view it.

-----
Last edited by Shutterfox on 6/30/2013 5:13:57 PM
 Lilliput
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 6:29:33 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Things I'd like to see-

recent show results listed on my main kennel page, like in the old layout- this let me know when the shows had run, and gave me a visual reminder to check my shows, and what shows I had seen results for and which I had not

A link to bulk session and sessioning trading under account tools on my kennnel page. That seems a natural spot for them, and that's where I keep looking for them. Also, to have those pages link back and forth with eachother like in the old layout, which made it very easy to flip between screens while doing kennel chores, like bulk feeding, sessioning, assistants, session selling, and bulk sessioning

There is a bit of a delay between arrival of sessions, and the "sessions" button in my sidebar showing my sessions. Sometimes it says nothing, sometimes it says zero, even though sessions have arrived for the day and really when I click through I have 12.

Can we make the dog links on the dogs for sale page blue? I check the dogs for sale daily to see whats new. Problem is with these black links, I can't tell who I've already looked at and who I haven't! Especially since so many on the sale list are unnamed "puppy #2" or whatnot, it is VERY hard to keep track of otherwise.

I see some pedigrees have dogs with a gray square with an asterisk in it. What is this? Are those ancestors appearing more than once in the pedigree? How far back does that go?
 Lilliput
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 6:33:38 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Forgot one-

can we have links to the sim tools again please? I use the daily salary and session prices in my strategy often when they are relevant.

And as someone pointed out above, the handler list is important to hyave back as well.

Also, can we have a "my topics" right hand side bar? I find that easier to keep up with, and more relevant to me than recent admin topics normally (I do read the admin topics, but there tend to be 0 of them, and only the top few are recently active) I'm fine with having both there though.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2013 8:48:27 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Can I just agree with Liliput? I'd like to see all of those things again as well.

Alexandria
 gaylanstudio3
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 1:36:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio3 Object to Post

I do like changing runs without having to "submit" each time!
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 1:50:39 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

I like the pupulation break down, especially the puppies! I'm always over-limit.

Along that line, what I'd like to see is a breakdown of those puppy ages - how many at 0 days and how many at say, 12&13 days so I have a heads up about an impending limit-violation (lol).
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 1:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

"View All Dogs" is the thing I use the most. It should be at the top of that list.

In some kennels I have a lot of runs and getting to this link means a page down scroll.
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 2:21:02 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

"View All Dogs" - just realized that list is alphabetical!

Can we get it the use the same order we have set with the "move up" option when we set up our runs, with "All" at the top.
 Studio Dogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 7:51:04 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

BULK IMAGES we cannot put images on puppies, only on dogs that already have an image. Bulk Images on the My Account Page.

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2013 10:54:56 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

suggestion - on the color genes page - can the dog images be first and the genetics tables second - for some breeds the gene tables are really long.

Lilliput
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2013 11:32:40 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I named some dogs in each of my kennels today. Now when I go to log in it suggests perhaps I wish to log in as those dog's names. Perhaps the drop down cookies or whatever can be tightened up a bit?

Ie-
When I type "L" into the kennel name box on log in it now says "Lilliput" or "Lilliputs amanita" (which is a puppy I named today). That's going to get really old and long the more puppies I name!

It does that for dogs named in each of my kennels. On the old layout, it only asked about things I'd actually typed into that specific login box before

[That's not the site doing it, it's your browser.]

-----
Last edited by admin on 7/2/2013 8:42:44 AM

-----
Last edited by Lilliput on 7/2/2013 2:21:44 PM
 Arial Eve
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2013 6:45:48 AM reply with quote send message to Arial Eve Object to Post

Can we add SOP to the bulk sessioning tool?

thanks,
K
 Lilliput
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2013 2:20:53 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I finally found the judge page and handler listings on the show schedule page. Can we put them someplace accessible when doing entries though? I am not looking at the show schedule page when making my entries- I'm normally doing it from the "enter in shows" page for an individual dog, along with the "show entries" page for the individual dog, where I pick handlers from. Judges and handlers are something I need to access when I do that sometimes.

As a minor issues, in the "show schedule" page, my tab is labeled as "showdog.com Cat Shows"

ETA-
I found handlers and judges under the "tools and stats" in the head bar. Hadn't realized it changed depending on the page! However, this is an example of an inefficient click through. In order to even see the handler or judges links, I must first click the "tools and stats" link, which takes me to a page where I can then choose either judges or handlers. Perhaps a drop down menu? That's two clicks and a superfluous page to get to one list, and something like 4 clicks plus pages if I need both.

-----
Last edited by Lilliput on 7/2/2013 2:26:02 PM
 Lilliput
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2013 2:21:59 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
I named some dogs in each of my kennels today. Now when I go to log in it suggests perhaps I wish to log in as those dog's names. Perhaps the drop down cookies or whatever can be tightened up a bit?

Ie-
When I type "L" into the kennel name box on log in it now says "Lilliput" or "Lilliputs amanita" (which is a puppy I named today). That's going to get really old and long the more puppies I name!

It does that for dogs named in each of my kennels. On the old layout, it only asked about things I'd actually typed into that specific login box before

[That's not the site doing it, it's your browser.]

Why did it not do it on the old site? How do I fix it?

-----
Last edited by admin on 7/2/2013 8:42:44 AM

-----
Last edited by Lilliput on 7/2/2013 2:21:44 PM

admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/2/2013 3:53:00 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I found handlers and judges under the "tools and stats" in the head bar. Hadn't realized it changed depending on the page! However, this is an example of an inefficient click through. In order to even see the handler or judges links, I must first click the "tools and stats" link, which takes me to a page where I can then choose either judges or handlers. Perhaps a drop down menu?
There's a balance between an absolutely bloated left hand navigation and being able to click on any page of the site from it. I've already allowed the links to go further than I had planned on.

The pages you are referring to are actually quite low traffic pages in comparison to the other pages that are listed outside of stuff like "Add Show".

I'm working on something to add the ability to customize your "My Kennel" links so somebody like you who uses that page more often than most will be able to access it quickly.
 Kalynda
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2013 4:38:51 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Jeff, I would bet that add show might get alot of traffic but it's from a group of regulars. Most kennels can't afford that luxury happy :)

I believe that the tools we use daily like bulk feeding or sessioning belong in the menu - all those links under shows are not used as frequently.

I'd like a menu for kennel tools.... even if I had to scroll for it.

The other option is to create drop down links under tools and stats to avoid multiple clicks to get where we want to go.

K
 Summerwind Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2013 4:56:18 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I actually use all the links (except obedience) under the SHOWS box on a daily basis.

I never use bulk feeding or bulk sessioning.

Like Jeff said, it really depends on the person.

Is there a way to customize a box with the links we'd like to use regularly? So then everyone could add there own to their own "links" box?

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
There are about 900 breeds of sheep in the world.
Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.
Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.