Search

.com Forum · Great Pyrenees

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : introductions?
 ohrandi
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/25/2013 12:14:49 AM reply with quote send message to ohrandi Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well I'm pretty new to the game, and since I'm planning to stick with the breed I thought I'd say hello to everyone! I'm Randi (obviously lol!)

I chose the breed because I have one! Well, I suspect she's not full blood but she is definitely a pyr! Sweetest, most mild-mannered dog I've ever had. She keeps an eye on things. She's much more laid back than our Aussie, Sarge. He's the one that chases the cows all day, while she's happy in her spot on the porch with her people. We also have a beautiful ISSR Shiloh Shepherd that we show sometimes, although dont much anymore due to the discovery of a heart defect. Once I'm at a computer maybe I can post a pic or two!

I'd like to get to know some of you if you want to post here!
 ohrandi
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2013 10:00:53 PM reply with quote send message to ohrandi Object to Post

No one? sad :(

Ah well. I'll post pictures of my fur babies anyway.

This is me and Queenie, the pyr mix. My grandpa got her, I honestly have no idea what she's mixed with, or if she's mixed at all. She looks hilarious in this pic, I'm not sure why she looks so depressed haha!

She's not very good at pictures lol! I love her anyway.

This is Queenie and Sarge (our Aussie) begging my friend for a cheez-it... beggars!

Last summer, I don't know what she got into but her fur was terribly matted up on one side and the decision was made to shave it off.. this is me butchering her poor coat. It looked awful haha she had so much hair it kept clogging up the shaver thing so I eventually gave up.

This is Zak, he's a Shiloh Shepherd. He's such a big baby. Every time I come home he runs in circles around me and whines his head off for a minute, then plops down in the floor for belly rubs. He's precious.

I thought I'd throw this in because it's adorable. I was visiting my parents and was making my mom cupcakes for her work party.. I guess Kody approved of the frosting wink ;) He's a pom if you can't tell happy :)
 Cross Country
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2013 10:10:04 PM reply with quote send message to Cross Country Object to Post

Hiya Randi, sorry I didn't see your forum post earlier. I'd love to see a pic of your girl when you can post one.

I'm CC, also somewhat new to the breed but enjoying them so far. While I don't have any Pyrs in real life, I do feel that I'll be in the breed at least somewhat for a long time here on the game. I may not always be breeding them, but I do hope to always have at least one Pyr in the show ring.

I also added some other "big, fluffy" dogs to the kennel with Newfoundlands and Saint Bernards. There's also some Chinese Cresteds, a Great Dane and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in there for good measure. lol

CC

Edited: You edited and posted pics of your babies as I was typing my reply! They're adorable!
 ohrandi
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2013 10:41:43 PM reply with quote send message to ohrandi Object to Post

posted by Cross Country
Hiya Randi, sorry I didn't see your forum post earlier. I'd love to see a pic of your girl when you can post one.

I'm CC, also somewhat new to the breed but enjoying them so far. While I don't have any Pyrs in real life, I do feel that I'll be in the breed at least somewhat for a long time here on the game. I may not always be breeding them, but I do hope to always have at least one Pyr in the show ring.

I also added some other "big, fluffy" dogs to the kennel with Newfoundlands and Saint Bernards. There's also some Chinese Cresteds, a Great Dane and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in there for good measure. lol

CC

Edited: You edited and posted pics of your babies as I was typing my reply! They're adorable!

haha I couldn't figure out how to add pics at first!

I'm looking to get into another breed for fun, I just can't make up my mind! I thought about maybe doing bulldogs, one of my good friends has 2 and I adore them! Hilarious dogs with so much personality!

I have a 9 month old lab that lives with me and the other half, I'll have to put a picture of him too. We're definitely dog people if you can't tell! I never thought I'd own a lab, I have always raised dogs that require a lot of training and socialization.. our lab was so easy. He loves absolutely everyone and their dogs, adores kids and just wants to play fetch with them.. Pottied in the house ONCE when he was 8 weeks old and too scared to walk down the steps to the yard, where he piddled in the doorway a little (haha!). The only issue is, he is Houdini dog. He can escape his wire crate and we have NO idea how he gets out. The doors are still locked and the bottom is attached and everything. It's crazy! When I moved out, I decided to leave my 12 year old mutt with my parents.. she has lived there with the other dogs for so long, I couldn't take her away from them. She's a chow/pit mix, and BY FAR the most difficult dog I have EVER raised! She is SO stubborn but so smart.. she makes the decision of if whatever is in the trash is worth getting in trouble for, she does it. I can tell she did something bad because she actually smiles at me in such a guilty way, I can't even be that mad she's so stinkin' cute. She's also unfortunately not too fond of strangers, and don't even think about another dog.. that dusty old bag would tear into someone for me though. happy :)
 Mont Blanc Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2013 10:58:38 PM reply with quote send message to Mont Blanc Kennels Object to Post

Hey! I just saw this post now. Better late than never I guess wink ;)

I chose pyres for this kennel because I think they are beautiful dogs, and at the time I joined them they were on the verge of going extinct from the game. So it's definitely nice to see new players!

Your dogs are beautiful! I don't have a pyre in real life, I have always wanted one though. Right now I have a little pound rescue, they said she was a chihuahua x pomeranian cross but who knows. Her name is Belle

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.