Search

.com Forum · Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Gene Puddle!
 Beau Rivage PBGVs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/5/2012 6:30:14 AM reply with quote send message to Beau Rivage PBGVs Object to Post   

There is currently a very small gene pool in this breed so the few breeders are getting together to find a solution to the problem. We are commencing a new project using starters and as many old studs as we can find in abandoned kennels whilst using the minimum possible current line dogs. Possible suggestions at this point are:

1 Take the minimum amount of current dogs to use in the starter breeding programme and use old stock as much as possible ~ I have a few boys that I can reclaim.

2 Synchronise our breeding so that we can use the old boys on as many new line bitches as possible before they die.

3 New line studs will be available at $25 stud fee on approval only so that we can keep them away from current bitches as much as we can or we will be defeating the object.

4 Once the quality of the new lines is reasonable we will be able to incorporate them into the general breeding.

5 Use some sort of common identification marker in the names of the new line dogs eg 'Prefix name NL' so that we can keep a track of the new breeding project and it will make it easier to identify the new line dogs when the quality has improved sufficiently to incorporate them into the general breeding? This would be very helpful even from the start where using current bitches with reasonable studs from abandoned kennels.

All suggestions are welcome from participating breeders, please post to let us know that you are in on the project and check in regularly to keep up to date with the progress.

Good luck everyone, I am sure that we can beat the gene pool problem in a very short period of time happy :)
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2012 9:21:36 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

I'm in and can create starter dogs when needed. R
 Rosemont
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2012 5:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to Rosemont Object to Post

I have had an offer for one of my new line 'gene puddle' puppies and have included GP in the registered name of it. I hope this will be ok because nothing has been indicated as to what we are going to use to identify them.
 Nybor
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2013 7:17:48 PM reply with quote send message to Nybor Object to Post

I currently play in GBGVs in another kennel, am here to help with PBs if I can get a half decent girl to begin with- have a dog 0 day old avail if anyone wants him

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler